- The Centre was awarded the CSIR Technology Prize for the year 1999 in the area of Computer – aided Analysis and Design, for the development of advanced mathematical modelling and numerical simulation techniques and software development, recognized nationally and internationally.
- The Centre’s Wind Engineering R&D work and Technology Transfer on cyclone resistant construction practices won kudos and national level recognition. SERC received the CSIR Shield for Engineering and cyclone disaster mitigation.
- The Centre received the “A.S. Arya – University of Roorkee” Disaster Prevention Award 2000 for significant achievements in Wind Engineering and Cyclone Disaster Mitigation.
- The Centre received ISO-9001 Certification on the 21st of February 2001. This Certification was given by M/s. Registero Italiano Navale India Ltd. (RINA), in recognition of the fact that this Research Centre is adopting and implementing a very structured and systematic approach in all its activities for Research and Development in Structural Engineering besides in Management, Infrastructural and Housekeeping functions. Subsequently, SERC has obtained, during 2010, the upgradation of ISO Certification to ISO 9001:2008 inclusive of Quality Management.
- CSIR SERC was awarded the K.Suryanarain Rau Memorial Award 2007 for Smart Technology Development for the contribution in development of “ Smart Sensor based Remote Structural Health Monitoring for Civil Engineering Applications “ by Indian Society for Advancement of Materials and Processing Engineering .
- CSIR young Scientist Award in Engineering Sciences for the year 2010 was awarded to Dr Ing Saptarshi Sasmal. The award was presented by Shri Prithviraj Chavan, MoST (Science and Technology & Earth Sciences) and Prof. K. Brahmachari, Director General, CSIR, on 26th September 2010 in commemoration of the Foundation day celebration of CSIR at New Delhi.
- CSIR-SERC has won Bronze icon award for the labs with less than 250 Employees category in demonstrating exemplary commitment in the preparedness for implementation of ERP application developed under CSIR Enterprise Transformation Project for Finance and Accounting operations in online of the project management portal of ONE CSIR. The award was presented by Hon’ble Minister for Science and Technology Shri Vayalar Ravi and Prof. K. Brahmachari, Director General, CSIR on 25th September 2012 in commemoration of the Foundation day celebration of CSIR at New Delhi.
- CSIR SERC has been chosen for the Outstanding achievement award (Institutional award and individual medallion and citation for the project Champions) for the distinguished contribution and meritorious achievement for the CSIR transformation initiatives and Enterprise Application for automation of operations on the occasion of 71st Foundation Day of CSIR on 26th September 2013, CSIR, New Delhi
- NIGIS Corrosion Awareness Award: CSIR Structural Engineering Research Centre was awarded the Excellent Laboratory Award by NACE International Gateway India Section (NIGIS) for the year 2014 . The award was conferred for excellent contribution of CSIR-SERC to the field of corrosion science & technology by monitoring, testing, evaluation of performance and quality of materials, and research/development works. The Award was presented by the NACE International Gateway India Section (NIGIS) under the category CORROSION AWARENESS AWARD-2014.
error: Content is protected - Content belongs to CSIR-SERC !!