Dr Balagopal R
Dr Balagopal R
Taramani, Chennai – 600 113
Phone:91 44 22545573
- Ph D., Structural Engineering,Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- M.E.,Structural Engineering, CEG, Anna University,Chennai ,Department Second Rank
- B.E., Civil Engineering ,Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai,University Frist Rank Gold Medalist
- Senior Scientist,CSIR- Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 20/10/2012 Till Date
- Scientist, CSIR- Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 20/10/2008 To 19/10/2012
- Junior Scientist, CSIR- Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 19/10/2004 To 19/10/2008
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Analysis and design of power transmission line (TL) and communication and broad casting towers and tower like structures.
- Upgradation, strengthening and retrofitting techniques of existing TL towers.
- Full scale testing of TL and communication towers, masts, poles, guyed towers and mechanical strength test of insulators
Awards & Honours
Received Dr. M. Ramaiah Certificate of Merit for the technical paper published among the scientists of CSIR-SERC during 2008-2009 awarded on 26th September, 2009 by CSIR-SERC. “Analytical and experimental studies on 400kV S/C portal type guyed tower” published in International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics, Vol. 9, No.4, pp 85-106.
- N. Prasad Rao, R. Balagopal, R. P. Rokade, S .J. Mohan, Schifflerised angle sections for triangular based communication towers, The IES Journal Part A: Civil & Structural Engineering, (2013), Vol. 6, No: 3, pp 189-198.
- R. Balagopal, N. Prasad Rao, R. P. Rokade, S. J. Mohan,Comparative studies on conventional monopole and Microwave Towers,Journal of Structural Engineering (JOSE), CSIR-SERC, (2012), Vol. 39, No: 4, pp 450 – 457.
- N.Prasad Rao, R. Balagopal, P. Rokade, S .J. Mohan, Analytical and experimental studies on 400 and 132 kV steel transmission poles, International Journal of Engineering Failure Analysis,(2011), Vol 8, No: 3,pp 1018-1029.
- N. Prasad Rao, S .J. Mohan, R. P. Rokade, R. Balagopal, Analytical and experimental studies on 400kV S/C portal type guyed tower, International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics, (2009), Vol 9, No:4, pp 85-106.
- R. P. Rokade, S. J. Mohan, N. Prasad Rao, R. Balagopal, Development of methodology for refurbishment of transmission line tower foundation, Journal of Structural Engineering (JOSE), CSIR-SERC, (2008), Vol. 35, No: 1, pp 66 – 72.
error: Content is protected - Content belongs to CSIR-SERC !!