Dr Bhaskar S
Dr Bhaskar S
Taramani, Chennai – 600 113
Phone:91 44 22549167
- Ph.D., Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, 2013
- M. Tech, Structural Engineering; JNT University, Hyderabad, 1994
- Principal Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre since 2011 & Associate Professor, AcSIR, since 2014
- Senior Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre,2006-11
- Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre2001-06
- Junior Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre1997-2001
- Lecturer, 1994-97
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Reinforced concrete durability and service life enhancement of RC structures
- Condition assessment of RC structures using NDT and advanced NDT
Awards & Honours
- Best Paper Award in the Symposia on Corrosion in Structures and design at CORCON 2015 (Chennai) by NACE International, Gateway India Section, 2015.
- Letter of Appreciation for the contributions towards CSIR-SERC being awarded the “Corrosion Awareness Award- 2014” in the category of ‘Excellent Laboratory Award’ by NACE Intl. Gateway India Section for the year 2014.
- Appreciation towards the significant contribution to 2nd International Congress on Durability of Concrete (ICDC 2014, New Delhi) by Indian Concrete Institute (ICI).
- Best Paper Award in the Symposia on Reinforced Concrete at CORCON 2013 (New Delhi) by NACE International, Gateway India Section, 2013.
- Best PhD Thesis in Concrete awards from the Indian Concrete Institute and the ICI Tamil Nadu Chennai Chapter in 2013.
- Indian Concrete Institute Award for best paper published in the ICI Journal, 2011-12.
- Recognised as reviewer for (i) Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering (ii) Journal of Materials and Structures, (iii) Construction & Building Materials, (IV) Materials Characterization (V) Journal of Structural Engineering, CSIR-SERC and (vi) Supervisor for guiding Ph.D and M.S Scholars of Civil Engineering Department, Anna University.
- Member, National Faraday Council of Corrosion, CII-CMC.
- Member Technical Committee on Durability of Concrete, ICI.
- Alternate Member, CED 2:2/P7, BIS
- Life member, Indian Concrete Institute (ICI)
- Life Member, Indian Society for Non-destructive Testing (ISNT)
- Life Member, Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Life Member,Indian Society for Construction Materials & Structures (ISCMS)
- Indian Society for Earthquake Technology (ISET);
- Associate member, Institution of Engineers, India (IEI)
Google Scholar :
- Bhaskar, S., and K. Ramanjaneyulu, “Evaluation of thickness and identification of defects in masonry elements using Impact-echo technique”, Journal of Structural Engineering, CSIR-SERC, Vol. 42 (6), Feb. – March, 2016, pp. 485-493
- Bhaskar, S., “A study on chloride ion penetration in concrete from salt ponding and other accelerated tests”, Journal of Structural Engineering, CSIR-SERC, Vol. 42 (5), Dec., 2015-Jan., 2016, pp. 444-452.
- Bhaskar, S., Radhakrishna G. Pillai, R. Gettu, B.H. Bharatkumar and N R Iyer, “Use of Portland Pozzolana Cement to enhance the service life of reinforced concrete exposed to chloride attack”, ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 27 (11), Nov., 2015, pp. 04015031-1 to 8.
- Bhaskar, S., B. H. Bharatkumar, R. Gettu, P. Srinivasan, K. Ramanjaneyulu and N R. Iyer, “Influence of PCE-SP and calcium nitrite inhibitor on mechanical and durability parameters of concrete”, Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, Vol. 74, pp. 82-87, February 2015.
- Bhaskar, S., Rajthilak, G., and K. Ramanjaneyulu, “Thickness evaluation and identification of embedded inclusions in masonry wall using Ground penetrating radar technique”, International Journal of 3R’s, Dr. Fixit Publications, Vol. 5 (4), 2014, pp. 762-768.
- Bhaskar, S., Srinivasan, P., Murthy, S. G. N., Nagesh R. Iyer and Ravisankar, K., “Evaluation of thickness and defects in concrete using Impact-echo technique”, The Indian Concrete Journal, Vol. 87, No. 1, pp. 19-27, 2013.
- Bhaskar, S., Gettu, R., and Bharatkumar, B.H. Accelerated corrosion test on cracked reinforced concrete with and without PCE superplasticizer, International Journal of 3R’s, Dr. Fixit Publications, 3 (1) Jan-Mar. 2012, pp. 358-367.
- Bhaskar,S., Ravindra Gettu, B.H. Bharatkumar, and M. Neelamegam, “Strength, bond and durability related properties of concretes with mineral admixtures”, The Indian Concrete Journal, Vol. 86, No. 2, pp. 9-16, 2012.
- Bhaskar,S., Ravindra Gettu, and B.H. Bharatkumar, “Corrosion of rebars in reinforced concrete-A review of the corrosion mechanisms, assessment techniques and control measures”, Indian Concrete Institute Journal, Vol. 12, No. 3, Oct-Dec., pp. 35-54, 2011.
- Bhaskar, S., Ravindra Gettu, B.H. Bharatkumar, and M. Neelamegam, “Studies on chloride induced corrosion of reinforcement steel in cracked concrete”, Structural Durability and Health Monitoring, Tech Science Press, Vol. 7 (4), pp. 231-252, 2011.
- Bhaskar, S., Ravindra Gettu, B.H. Bharatkumar, and M. Neelamegam, “Chloride-Induced Corrosion of Steel in Cracked OPC and PPC Concretes: Experimental Study”, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 23, No. 7, pp. 1057-1066, 2011.
- Bhaskar, S., Bharatkumar, B.H., Ravindra Gettu and Neelamegam, M., “Effect of corrosion on the bond behaviour of OPC and PPC concretes”, (Special Issue on Sustainable built environment), Journal of Structural Engineering, SERC, Vol. 37 (1), pp. 37-42, April-May, 2010.
- Bhaskar, S., Wiggenhauser, H., Srinivasan, P., Murthy, S.G.N., Ravisankar, K., Nagesh R. Iyer and Lakshmanan, N., Detection of internal flaws in structural concrete elements by impact-echo technique, (Special Issue on Advances in Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation of Structures), Journal of Structural Engineering, SERC, Vol. 36 (1), pp. 7-10, April-May, 2009.
- Srinivasan, P., Bhaskar, S., Parivallal, S., Kesavan, K., Ravisankar, K., and Venugopal, G., Condition assessment of corrosion damaged approach jetty exposed in marine environment – A case study (Special Issue on Advances in Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation of Structures), Journal of Structural Engineering, SERC, Vol. 36 (1), pp. 16-21, April-May, 2009.
- Bhaskar, S., Prabakar, J., Srinivasan, P., and Chellappan, A., “Effect of rebar corrosion on the behaviour of bond in reinforced concrete”, The Indian Concrete Journal, Vol. 80, No. 9, pp.19-23, 2006.
- Bhaskar, S., Prabakar, J., Srinivasan, P., and Chellappan, A., “Methodology for assessing in-situ concrete quality of Turbo Generator foundation by ultrasonic pulse velocity testing–a case study”, Journal of Non-destructive testing and evaluation published by ISNT, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp.27-35, 2006.
- Bhaskar, S., Nagesh R. Iyer and J. Rajasankar, “Cumulative damage function model for prediction of uniform corrosion rate of metals in atmospheric corrosive environment”, Intl. Jl. of Corrosion Engineering Science and Technology, Vol. 39, pp. 313-320, 2004.
- Manu Saxena, Bhaskar, S., and Ram Kumar, “Use of Neural Networks in Non-destructive Testing of Concrete Structures”, Journal of New Building Materials and Construction World (special issue on computer software), Vol. 9, Issue 2, pp. 60-63, 2003.
error: Content is protected - Content belongs to CSIR-SERC !!