A Process for the Manufacture of a Passive Energy Device (PED) from a Hysteretic... Slurry Infiltrated Fibrous Concrete (SIFCON)
Level / Scale of Development
Prototype available with various vendors.
Application / Uses
- Replacement for iron manhole covers
Salient Technical Features including Competing Features
FRC manhole covers for light, medium and heavy- duty applications having a circular shape. If the requirement pertains to covers of other shapes, specific designs can be worked out and made available
- Pilfer-proof, durable and long-lasting
- Possess greater impact and wear resistance
- Ductility and energy absorption is far superior
- Suitable for mass production at site or in a factory with less capital investment
- Upto 40% savings in cost compared to cast-iron man-hole covers
Major Raw Materials to be Utilized
Concrete and steel fibers.
Major Plant Equipment and Machinery Required
Concrete mixer and moulds.
The fibre reinforced concrete manhole covers and frames will generally work out cheaper by about 30 to 45% compared to their counterparts in cast iron
Available as know how document.
Fibre reinforced concrete products are environmental friendly.
Status of Commercialization
Technology released through NRDC
error: Content is protected - Content belongs to CSIR-SERC !!