Shake table studies on G+7 Cold Formed Steel Frame structure
- Seismic performance evaluation of assembled 1:5 scaled model of G+7 cold rolled steel formed structure for M/s. Synergy Thrislington, Mohali was conducted
- This is the first ever successfully carried our shake table test for seismic evaluation of cold formed structures in India.
Experimental model of this structure was tested in the laboratory and qualified for a synthetic time history, compatible with Earthquake Spectrum as per IS 1893-2002 code and subsequently, the seven storied prototype structure was assembled in 48 hours and demonstrated.
Seismic Safety Assessment of Monumental Structures
Vibration levels at selected locations were measured in a few structural elements in Rashtrapati Bhawan during the ceremonial gun salute. This included:
- Evaluation of Dynamic Response of Sub-Assemblages from forced vibration tests,
- Peak response and damping
- Non-destructive test on selected structural elements and
- likely response of critical structural elements for design earthquake
Vibration Measurement & Condition Assessment of Bridges
- CSIR-SERC carried out various investigations on the field to ascertain the Structural condition of the bridges, by specifying the upper limit on the vehicular traffic on the bridge to be allowed, both in terms of the weight and speed of the vehicle and also pointing out the problem areas in the bridge requiring immediate attention.
- These include the major bridges in India such as the Mahatma Gandhi Sethu, Godavari Rail cum Road bridge, Kaveri bridge at Kulithalai and Amaravathi which were instrumented and their dynamic load factor evaluated including development of dynamic characteristics.
- Forced vibration tests, response measurement of the bridge under controlled vehicular movement, ambient response measurement when normal traffic passed through the bridge were done.
Vibration measurement and Structural Stability Analysis of Industrial Structures
Extensive field vibration measurement done for various industrial structures and provided vibration reduction solutions. Some of them are –
- Vibration assessment in reactor tower structure at sponge iron plant of M/s JSW steel, formerly of M/s. Welspun Maxsteel Limited (WMSL)- Raigad
- Vibrations in Lift Structures at delayed coker unit at Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL)
- Vibration Measurements at Machine and Casting shop at Renault Nissan Manufacturing Plant Site for M/s. Larsen & Toubro.
Condition Assessment of Thermal Powerplants and TG Foundations
- Detailed investigation on the residual life assessment of structures at various thermal power plants carried out and feasible vibration reduction schemes provided.
- This include the powerplant structures in BHEL – Raichur, NTPC- Talcher, DVC- Mejia Thermal Power Station, NLC and NMDC Bacheli etc.
- Vibration measurements are taken at structures like TG columns, deck slab, crusher house structure and conveyor gallery.
- Handbook of machine foundations
- Conducted several courses for design engineers.
error: Content is protected - Content belongs to CSIR-SERC !!