- NIGIS Corrosion Awareness Award: CSIR – Structural Engineering Research Centre was awarded the Excellent Laboratory Award by NACE International Gateway India Section (NIGIS) for the year 2014, under the leadership and team of Nagesh R. Iyer, Ravisankar K., Srinivasan P., Raghava G., Krishnamoorthy T.S., Rajasankar J., Palani G.S. The award was conferred for excellent contribution of CSIR-SERC to the field of corrosion science & technology by monitoring, testing, evaluation of performance and quality of materials, and research/development works. The document submitted by CSIR-SERC to NIGIS included the contributions by FFL in the areas of ‘Fatigue and corrosion fatigue studies on steel tubular joints of offshore jacket platforms’, ‘Fatigue crack growth studies on carbon steel and stainless steel straight pipes of power plants in demineralised water environment’, ‘Fatigue strength evaluation of corroded rails’, ‘Development of methodology for accelerated corrosion fatigue studies’ and ‘Studies on analytical modeling of corrosion fatigue crack growth’.
- CSIR-SERC has won Bronze icon award for the labs with less than 250 Employees category in demonstrating exemplary commitment in the preparedness for implementation of ERP application developed under CSIR Enterprise Transformation Project for Finance and Accounting operations in online of the project management portal of ONE CSIR. The award was presented by Hon’ble Minister for Science and Technology Shri Vayalar Ravi and Prof. K. Brahmachari, Director General, CSIR on 25th September 2012 in commemoration of the Foundation day celebration of CSIR at New Delhi.
- K.Suryanarain Rau Memorial Award 2007 for Smart Technology Development for the contribution in development of “ Smart Sensor based Remote Structural Health Monitoring for Civil Engineering Applications “ by Indian Society for Advancement of Materials and Processing Engineering.
- The Centre was awarded the CSIR Technology Prize for the year 1999 in the area of Computer – aided Analysis and Design, for the development of advanced mathematical modeling and numerical simulation techniques and software development, recognized nationally and internationally.
- The Centre’s Wind Engineering R&D work and Technology Transfer on cyclone resistant construction practices won kudos and national level recognition. SERC received the CSIR Shield for Engineering and cyclone disaster mitigation.
- The Centre received the “A.S. Arya – University of Roorkee” Disaster Prevention Award 2000 for significant achievements in Wind Engineering and Cyclone Disaster Mitigation.
- The Centre received ISO-9001 Certificaiton on the 21st of February 2001. This Certification was given by M/s. Registero Italiano Navale India Ltd. (RINA), in recognition of the fact that this Research Centre is adopting and implementing a very structured and systematic approach in all its activities for Research and Development in Structural Engineering besides in Management, Infrastructural and Housekeeping functions. Subsequently, SERC has obtained, during October 2003, the upgradation of ISO Certification to ISO 9001:2000 inclusive of Quality Management
error: Content is protected - Content belongs to CSIR-SERC !!