Dr Balasubramanian S.R
Dr Balasubramanian S.R
Taramani, Chennai – 600 113
Phone:91 44 22549226
- Ph.D , IIT Madras, Chennai
- M.E. Structural Engineering – AC College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikudi
- B.E. Civil Engineering – PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Diploma in Civil Engineering – Nachimuthu Polytechnic, Pollachi
- Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, since December 2009.
- Jr. Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, February 2006 – December 2009.
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Structural behaviour of Un-Reinforced Brick Masonry (URBM) buildings subjected to seismic loads
- Seismic vulnerability analysis of URBM Buildings
- Damage gradation for URBM Buildings due to seismic actions
- Application of Macro-modelling and Homogenization techniques to brick masonry
- Evolvement of procedures for carrying out tests on brick masonry specimens
- Balasubramanian, S.R., Balaji Rao, K., Vasuki, P., Anoop, M.B., Daniel Ronald Joseph, J. and Nagesh R. Iyer. (2010). District-wise first order seismic loss estimation to the brick masonry buildings, in the States: Uttar Pradesh; Uttarakhand, Punjab and Tamil Nadu, Journal of Structural Engineering (CSIR-SERC), 36(6), pp.427-430.
- Balasubramanian, S.R., Balaji Rao, K., Anoop, M.B., Daniel Ronald Joseph, J. and Nagesh R. Iyer. (2010). Development of capacity curve for a typical two storey reinforced brick masonry building, Proceedings of Institution of Engineers India, Journal: Civil Engineering, 90, pp.19-24.
- Priya, T., Balaji Rao, K., Anoop, M.B., Balasubramanian, S.R. and Nagesh R. Iyer. (2010). A short note on estimation of occurrence of earthquakes in Tamil Nadu region, Journal of Structural Engineering (CSIR-SERC), 37(2), pp. 142-144.
- Priya, T., Balaji Rao, K., Anoop, M.B., Balasubramanian, S.R., Thangapandi, J., Vasuki, P. and Nagesh R. Iyer. (2010). Occurrence of earthquakes in Southern India: a Bayesian approach, Journal of Structural Engineering (CSIR-SERC), 37(3), pp. 163-166.
- Balasubramanian, S.R., Balaji Rao, K., Dhiman Basu, Anoop, M.B. and Vaidyanathan, C.V. (2011). An improved method for estimation of elastic lateral stiffness of brick masonry shear walls with openings, KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, an International Journal, 15(2), pp. 281-293
- Balaji Rao, K., Anoop, M.B., Kamatchi, P., Balasubramanian, S.R., Daniel Ronald Joseph, J. and Nagesh R. Iyer. (2011). Stochastic response analysis and development of fragility curves of reinforced concrete chimneys subject to stochastic seismic excitations, International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering, 4(6), pp. 565-570.
- Balasubramanian, S.R., Anoop, M.B., Balaji Rao, K. and Lakshmanan, N. (2012). Probabilistic analysis of a simply supported RC T-Beam bridge deck, Ing-IABSE Journal The Bridge and Structural Engineer, 42(2), pp. 43 – 58.
- Balasubramanian, S.R. (2012). Seismic behaviour of brick masonry buildings, modes of failure and retrofitting strategies – An overview (in Tamil). Journal of Builders Association of India, Builders’ Voice, 6(11), pp. 20-29.
- Venkatesha, K.V., Balaji Rao, K., Dinesh, S.V., Bharathkumar, B.H., Anoop, M.B., Balasubramanian, S.R. and Nagesh R. Iyer. (2012). Experimental Investigation on Reinforced Concrete Beams without and with CFRP Wrapping, Slovak Journal of Civil Engineering, XX(3), 2012, pp. 15-26.
- Balaji Rao, K., Anoop, M.B., Kesavan, K., Balasubramanian, S.R., Ravisankar, K. and Nagesh R. Iyer. (2013). Modelling of strains in reinforced concrete flexural members using alpha-stable distribution, Computers and Concrete, 11(5), pp. 411-414.
- Lakshmikandhan, K. N., Sivakumar, P., Linu Theresa, J., Sivasubramanian, K., Balasubramanian S. R. and Saibabu S. (2014). Parametric Study on Development, Testing and Evaluation of Concrete Funicular Shells, International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT), 3(12), pp. 183-191.
- Balasubramanian, S.R., Balaji Rao, K., Meher Prasad, A., Goswami, R. and Anoop, M.B. (2014). A methodology for development of seismic fragility curves for URBM buildings, Earthquakes and Structures, 6(6), pp. 611-625.
- Kodiswari, V., Balasubramanian, S.R., Sakthieswaran, N., Meher Prasad, A. and Sivakumar, P. (2015). Seismic Fragility Curves of URBM Building – A Sensitivity Analysis, International Journal of Aerospace, Mechanical, Structural and Mechatronics Engineering, 1(1), pp. 23-29.
- Reshma, C.V., Balasubramanian, S.R., Balaji Rao, K., Goswami R. and Sivakumar, P. (2015). Effect of Uncertainties in Development of Fragility Curves for URBM Building, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 8(28), DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i28/84014.
- Balasubramanian, S.R., Maheswari, D., Cynthia, A., Balaji Rao, K., Meher Prasad, A., Goswami R. and Sivakumar, P. (2015). Experimental Determination of Statistical Parameters Associated with Uni-axial Compression Behaviour of Brick Masonry, Current Science, 109(11), pp. 2094-2102.
K. N. Lakshmikandhan, P. Sivakumar, Jolly Annie Peter, K. Sivasubramanian, C. Jeyabal, S.R. Blasubramanian – SANDWICH WALL PANEL WITH SKIN-CONNECTOR – Indian Patent filed on 22.05.2015 (Patent Application No. 1444/DEL/2015).
error: Content is protected - Content belongs to CSIR-SERC !!