Dr Prabhat Ranjan Prem
Dr Prabhat Ranjan Prem
Advanced Material Laboratory
Taramani, Chennai – 600 113
Phone:91 44 22544835
- 2017: Ph.D. (Civil Engineering), AcSIR, CSIR –SERC, Chennai.
- 2012: M-Tech (Engineering Structures), AcSIR, CSIR –SERC, Chennai
- 2010: B-Tech (Civil Engineering), West Bengal University of Technology, West Bengal
Scientist , AML Laboratory, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 23rd November 2012 – Till Date
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Sustainable Materials and Composites & Retrofitting/ Rehabilitation of Structures
- Ultra High Performance Concrete
- Acoustic Emission
- Fracture Mechanics
Awards & Honours
- Award of Quick Hire Scientist – (Aug 2012- November2012)
- Award of UGC-UKIERI Thematic Partnerships under the Innovation Partnership -Strand of UK- India – (May 2014- November 2016)
- International Travel grant under UKIERI Award for visiting Cardiff University, UK during 8 May – 21 June, 2016.
- International Travel grant under UKIERI Award for visiting Cardiff University, UK, during 22 –26 June, 2015
- Associate member, Institution of Engineers, India (IEI)
- Life member, Indian Concrete Institute (ICI)
- Reviewer of Computers and Concrete, Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Construction and Building Materials, Applied Acoustics, International Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials, etc.
- Prem, P. R., Murthy, A. R., Mohit Verma., 2018. Theoretical modelling and effect of reinforcement ratio on acoustic emission parameters of RC beams strengthened with UHPC. Construction and Building Materials, 158, 670-682 (IF: 3.16)
- Prem, P.R., Mohit Verma, Murthy, A. R., B.H. Bharatkumar, J. Rajasankar., 2017. Numerical and theoretical modelling of low velocity impact on UHPC panels. Structural Engineering and Mechanics 63, 2, 207-215 (IF:1.10)
- Prem, P. R., Murthy, A. R., 2017. Acoustic emission monitoring of reinforced concrete beams subjected to four-point-bending. Applied Acoustics 117, 28 – 38 (IF:1.92)
- Prem, P. R., Murthy, A. R., 2016. Acoustic emission and flexural behavior of RC beams strengthened with UHPC overlay. Construction and Building Materials 123, 481 – 492 (IF:3.16).
- Mohit Verma, Prem, P. R., Rajasankar and B.H. Bharatkumar.,2016. On low-energy impact response of ultra-high performance concrete (UHPC) panels, Materials & Design 92, 853–865 (IF:4.34)
- Prem, P. R., Murthy, A. R., Bharatkumar, B. H., 2015. Influence of curing regime and steel fibres on the mechanical properties of UHPC. Magazine of Concrete Research 67 (18), 988-1002 (IF:1.3)
- Ambily, P.S., Umarani, C., Ravisankar, K, Prem,P.R., Bharatkumar, B. H., and Nagesh R. Iyer (2015). Studies on ultra high performance concrete incorporating copper slag as fine aggregate, Construction and Building Materials,77,233- 240, (IF:2.265)
- Murthy, A. R., Kumar, V. R., Gopinath, S., Prem, P. R., Iyer, N. R., & Balakrishnan, R. 2014. Structural Performance of Precast and Cast-in-situ Ultra High Strength Concrete Sandwich Panel. International Journal of Computers, Materials, & Continua, 44(1), 59-72. (IF:1.01)
- Gopinath, S., Ayashwarya, R., Kumar, V. R., Prem, P. R., Murthy, A. R. C., Madheswaran, C. K., Iyer, R. N., 2014. Low velocity impact behaviour of ultra high strength concrete panels. Sadhana, 39(6), 1497-1507 (IF:0.58)
- Prem,P.R., B. H. Bharatkumar, and Nagesh R. Iyer, 2013. Influence of curing regimes on compressive strength of ultra high performance concrete. Sadhana 38(6) ,1421-1431 (IF:0.58)
error: Content is protected - Content belongs to CSIR-SERC !!