Dr Prabhat Ranjan Prem
Dr Prabhat Ranjan Prem
Advanced Material Laboratory
Taramani, Chennai – 600 113
Phone:91 44 22544835
- 2017: Ph.D. (Civil Engineering), AcSIR, CSIR –SERC, Chennai.
- 2012: M-Tech (Engineering Structures), AcSIR, CSIR –SERC, Chennai
- 2010: B-Tech (Civil Engineering), West Bengal University of Technology, West Bengal
Scientist , AML Laboratory, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 23rd November 2012 – Till Date
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Sustainable Materials and Composites & Retrofitting/ Rehabilitation of Structures
- Ultra High Performance Concrete
- Acoustic Emission
- Fracture Mechanics
Awards & Honours
- Award of Quick Hire Scientist – (Aug 2012- November2012)
- Award of UGC-UKIERI Thematic Partnerships under the Innovation Partnership -Strand of UK- India – (May 2014- November 2016)
- International Travel grant under UKIERI Award for visiting Cardiff University, UK during 8 May – 21 June, 2016.
- International Travel grant under UKIERI Award for visiting Cardiff University, UK, during 22 –26 June, 2015
- Associate member, Institution of Engineers, India (IEI)
- Life member, Indian Concrete Institute (ICI)
- Reviewer of Computers and Concrete, Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Construction and Building Materials, Applied Acoustics, International Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials, etc.
- Prem, P. R., Verma, M., & Ambily, P. S. (2018). Sustainable cleaner production of concrete with high volume copper slag. Journal of Cleaner Production,193C, 43-58 (IF: 5.7)
- Prem, P. R., Murthy, A. R., & Verma, M. (2018). Theoretical modelling and acoustic emission monitoring of RC beams strengthened with UHPC. Construction and Building Materials, 158, 670-682 (IF: 3.16)
- Prem, P. R., & Murthy, A. R. (2017). Acoustic emission monitoring of reinforced concrete beams subjected to four-point-bending. Applied Acoustics, 117, 28-38 (IF: 1.90)
- Prem, P.R., M. Verma., Murthy, A. R., B.H. Bharatkumar, J. Rajasankar., 2017. Numerical and theoretical modelling of low velocity impact on UHPC panels. Structural Engineering and Mechanics 63, 2, 207-215 (IF:1.10).
- Verma, M., Prem, P. R., Rajasankar, J., & Bharatkumar, B. H. (2016). On low-energy impact response of ultra-high performance concrete (UHPC) panels. Materials & Design, 92, 853-865 (IF:4.34).
- Prem, P. R., Murthy, A. R., 2016. Acoustic emission and flexural behaviour of rc beams strengthened with UHPC overlay. Construction and Building Materials 123, 481 – 492 (IF:3.16).
- Ambily, P. S., Umarani, C., Ravisankar, K., Prem, P. R., Bharatkumar, B. H., & Iyer, N. R. (2015). Studies on ultra high performance concrete incorporating copper slag as fine aggregate. Construction and Building Materials, 77, 233-240 (IF:2.24).
- Prem, P. R., Murthy, A. R., Bharatkumar, B. H., 2015. Influence of curing regime and steel fibres on the mechanical properties of UHPC. Magazine of Concrete Research 67 (18), 988- 1002 (IF:1.3).
- Murthy, A. R., Kumar, V. R., Gopinath, S., Prem, P. R., Iyer, N. R., & Balakrishnan, R. (2014). Structural performance of precast and cast-in-situ ultra high strength concrete sandwich panel. Int. J. Comput. Mater. Continua, 44(1), 59-72 (IF:1.01).
- Prem, P. R., Bharatkumar, B. H., & Iyer, N. R. (2013). Influence of curing regimes on compressive strength of ultra high performance concrete. Sadhana, 38(6), 1421-1431 (IF:0.60)
error: Content is protected - Content belongs to CSIR-SERC !!