Ms Keerthana M
Ms Keerthana M
Taramani, Chennai – 600 113
Phone:91 44 22549163, 91 44 22549166
- Ph. D, Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) – pursuing
- M. Tech (Engineering of Structures), Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR)
- B. E (Civil Engineering), College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University
Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre – November 2011-present
Professional Society Membership
Indian Society for Wind Engineering (ISWE) – Life Member
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Bluff body aerodynamics
- Numerical simulation of flow around structures/structural components using Computational Fluids Dynamics (CFD)
- Aeroelastic phenomena in long-span bridges
- Proper Orthogonal Decomposition (POD) and other improved stochastic methods for studies on fluctuating pressures from wind tunnel pressure measurements on structures
Awards & Honours
- Won “Best Masters Thesis Award” in the field of Wind Engineering by Indian Society for Wind Engineering (ISWE)
- Won “Springer Best Paper Award” for the paper titled “Estimation of peak factors for tall buildings subjected to wind induced pressures” at the Tenth Structural Engineering Convention (SEC-2016)
- Keerthana, M., and Harikrishna, P (2014), “Numerical Simulation of lock-in effect of a 2-D rectangular section under forced oscillations”, Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 41, No. 1, April – May 2014, pp. 18-25.
- Keerthana, M., and Harikrishna, P (2013), “Application of CFD for assessment of galloping stability of rectangular and H sections”, Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, Vol 72, July 2013, pp. 419-427 (Impact Factor – 0.5)
- Keerthana, M., Sriramkrishnan, M., Velayutham, T., Abraham, A., Selvi Rajan, S. and Parammasivam, K. M (2012), “Aerodynamic analysis of a small horizontal axis wind turbine using CFD”, Journal of Wind and Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 2, July 2012, pp. 14-28.
- Keerthana, M., Jaya, K. P., Selvi Rajan, , Thampi, H., and Ravi Sankar., R (2011), “Numerical studies on evaluation of aerodynamic force coefficients of cable-stayed bridge deck”, Journal of Wind and Engineering, Vol. 8, No. 2, July 2011, pp. 19-29.
- Bharathi Priya, C., Keerthana, M., Verma, M. and Banjara, N, K (2011), “Design of steel channel tension members-proposal to IS 800:2007”, Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 38, No. 2, June – July 2011, pp. 122–130.
error: Content is protected - Content belongs to CSIR-SERC !!