Igloo Structures for Explosive Storage HLL Infra Tech Services Limited (HITES)
Indian patent filed.
Patent Application no.: 0359DEL2015 Date: 10/02/2015
Level / Scale of Development
Laboratory level model and prototype have been developed.
Application / Uses
- The technology developed is meant for powering the wireless sensor nodes which are used in structural health monitoring/control of civil infrastructures and natural disaster mitigation purposes or similar specific applications from ambient vibrations.
- The energy harvester can power the low power sensor nodes and serve as a sensor as well during specific applications.
- The scheme which are self-sufficient in energy cater the need for
- continuous dynamic monitoring of critical infrastructures
- seismic mitigation
- decision making in various retrofitting measures.
- This system could be permanently placed on the structure even in remote or in accessible locations and can replace the system of batteries which often requires replacement. This system belongs to the family of micro-energy harvesting systems and the technology will better support the sustainable environment around us. It opens up new areas where powering the low power sensor nodes are of a challenge like in defence, aircraft and space applications.
Salient Technical Features including Competing Features
The invention presents a smart micro energy harvester incorporating the following salient features
- Low power management circuit
- Sensing and harvesting together in order to provide a self-sustaining health monitoring system making use of specific non-linear smart composite material properties
- Hybrid storage mechanism
- The invention is helpful in the continuous supply of power to the self-reliant structural health monitoring systems and disaster mitigation strategies installed in critical infrastructures.
- It has the ability to convert the ambient low frequency vibration into useful energy from a broader frequency bandwidth for powering the Wireless Sensor Node (WSN) in sit
- Time limited events also can be captured rather than continuous input signals and the nodes can be spatially distributed even in in-accessible locatio
- Plurality of these devices shall enable the formation of smart-grids which forms the main part of micro energy-harvesting
- It works for lower a frequency which is available from structural vibration and other ambient sources.
Major Raw Materials to be Utilized
Materials for making the required electronic circuits and super capacitors
Major Plant Equipment and Machinery Required
Simple and Cost effective compared to the Existing technologies to power WSN.
Indigenously developed in the laboratory consisting of efficient circuit configuration integrating the non-linear specific smart material, micro controllers, analog to digital converter, hybrid storage units and the transmitter cum receiver. Laboratory level model and prototype have been developed
It forms part of green energy initiative and provide green energy solutions
Status of Commercialization
Ready to transfer
error: Content is protected - Content belongs to CSIR-SERC !!