Slurry Infiltrated Fibrous Concrete (SIFCON) Igloo Structures for Explosive Storage
Indian Patent filed
Patent application No.:2751DEL2014 Date: 25/09/2014
Level / Scale of Development
- Apparatus and method for producing textile reinforced concrete is developed at CSIR-SERC and the efficiency of the technology and product performance has been proven through research and also thorough in-site practical applications.
- TRCPT can be replicated at any construction site for producing textile reinforced concrete sheets/components.
Application / Uses
- Production of structural and non structural components of textile reinforced concrete for rural and urban applications.
Salient Technical Features including Competing Features
- A single technology for producing multiple structural and non-structural components of textile reinforced concrete.
- Both pre-fabricated and on-site applications are possible with TRCPT
- Concrete construction made possible without use of moul
- Non-corrosive and hence filigree concrete construction is possibl
- Different products can be custom made as per requirement without modification in the apparatus
Major Raw Materials to be Utilized
Cementitious binder – binder can be modified according to mechanical characteristics of various applications.
Textile as reinforcement- various textiles such as alkali resistant glass, carbon, aramid, polypropylene, jute, coir, etc.
Major Plant Equipment and Machinery Required
- Huge economic benefit possible from technology TRCPT, if used in large scale construction sites to produce various custom made structural and non-structural components of textile reinforced concret
- Depending on the resource availability, the textile can be chosen appropriately for various applications to produce textile reinforced concrete
- Technology development: TRCPT consists of an apparatus and a process/technology to produce textile reinforced concrete structural and non-structural component
- Material development: FABcrete is one type of textile reinforced concrete that adheres to any existing concrete/masonry structures without using additional anchoring methods/adhesives. FABcrete is devoid of shringage cracks, unlike that seen in many concrete construction. FABcrete is non-corrosive and is suitable for filigree construction.
- The textile reinforced concrete products are environmental friendly and cost-effective in many applicatio
- Many textile reinforced concrete indigenous products can also be manufactured by processing natural fibers into textiles as per resource availability.
Status of Commercialization
Ready to transfer technology.
error: Content is protected - Content belongs to CSIR-SERC !!