प्रो. संतोष कपुडिया
- CSIR-SERC, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- 1994-1997: Ph.D. (Applied Mechanics), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi – Thesis Adjudged Excellent (17 Journal Papers out of Ph.D. Thesis).
- 1989-1991: M.E. (Structural Engg.), Indian Institute Science, Bangalore – First Rank among all M.E Programmes in the Dept.
- 1985-1989: B.C.E. (Civil Engg.), Jadavpur University, Kolkata – First Rank in the Department in all Eight Semesters.
|Since Dec. 2015||Director, CSIR-SERC (on lien from IIT Delhi)|
|Nov 2006 – Dec 2015||Professor, Dept. of Applied Mechanics, IIT Delhi (Rajat Gupta Chair Professor since May, 2011, Senior (HAG) Scale since July, 2013)|
|Dec. 2009 – Jul.2010||Fulbright Senior Research Fellow, Dept. of Mechanical Engg, Division of Mechanics and Computation, Stanford University, USA|
|Sept. 2002 – Nov. 2006||Associate Professor, Dept. of AppliedMechanics, IIT Delhi|
|Dec. 2005 – Nov. 2006||Humboldt Senior Research Fellow, Institut fur Mechanik, Technische Universitat Darmstadt, Germany|
|Nov. 1991 – Sept. 2002||Engineer/Sr. Engineer/ Deputy Manager, Engg. & Tech. Development Dept., Engineers India Limited|
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Smart Composite and Sandwich Structures
- FGM Structures
- Damage Detection and Structural Health Monitoring
- Active/Semi-Active Control of Structures
- Finite Element Analysis
- Computational Structural Mechanics
- Offshore Pipelines & Structures, Mounded Storage Vessels, Pressure Vessels and Buried Piping
Awards & Honours
- J.C. Bose National Fellowship, DST, 2018
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, 2017
- Fellow, Indian National Science Academy (INSA), 2015
- Fellow, National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI), 2015
- Editorial Board Member of Journal of Thermal Stresses, Taylor & Francis (2014-)
- Guest Editor, ACTA MECHANICA, for a Special Issue on Mechanics of Functional Materials and Structures (2012-14)
- Rajat Gupta Chair Professorship at IIT Delhi since May 2011.
- Fellow, Indian National Academy Engineering (FNAE), 2010.
- General Chair for International Conference Series, Third Asian Conference on Mechanics of Functional Materials and Structures (ACMFMS-2012), held in New Delhi in Dec. 5-8, 2012. Co-Chair (with Prof. C.F. Gao) of ACMFMS-2010 held in Nanjing, China, 2010
- Fulbright-Nehru Senior Research Fellowship awarded by US Dept. of (2009 – 2010)
- Humboldt Research Fellowship awarded by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany (2005 – 2006, Reinvited in 2013)
- Highest Rating in Annual Appraisal Report in Engineers India Ltd. in Each of Eleven Years of Stay
- S. Govinda Rao Medal (IISc, Bangalore) for Best M.E. Student in Civil Engg. Deptt.
- University Medal (Jadavpur University, Kolkata) for First Rank in Civil Engg. Deptt.
- Swapan Chandra Memorial Medal (JU) for Highest marks in Design of Structures
- Secured 99.96 percentile in Graduate Aptitude Test Examination (GATE)
- Felicitated by Govt. of West Bengal for 11th rank in the State in H.S. Exam. (Among about 300,000 students).
- Holder of State Merit and National Scholarships (From class V to Graduation)
- Regular reviewer of the several reputed international journals