श्री एस.जी.एन. मूर्ति
- CSIR-SERC, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- MSc Physics – Electronics , University Dept of Physics, Ranchi
- BSc Physics – Applied Electronics & Instrumentation , Madurai Kamaraj University
- Chief Scientist, CSIR - Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, July 2019 to till date
- Senior Principal Scientist, CSIR - Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, July 2011 to July 2019
- Scientist Gr IV (4), CSIR - Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, July 2006 to July 2011
- Scientist Gr IV (3), CSIR - Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, July 2000 to July 2006
- Scientist Gr IV (2), CSIR - Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, Aug 1996 to July 2000
- Scientist Gr IV (2), CSIR - National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur , July 1995 to Aug 1996
- Scientist Gr IV (1), CSIR - National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur, July 1990 to July 1995
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Electronic Instrumentation
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Non Destructive Testing
- Measurement Science & Technology
Awards & Honours
- Visiting Scientist, Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing [ Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung BAM ] – Berlin, Germany. ( 2009, 2011, 2015)
- Member of the Indian Scientific Expedition to Antarctica 2003-04, ” Structural Assessment of Indian Station Maitri in Antarctica “
- Dr M.Ramaiah Prize for Best Technical Paper for the Year 2010-2011. ( Journal of Sound and Vibration , 2010, Vol 329, Issue 9, pp1310 – 1333, “ Detection of contiguous and distributed damage through contours of equal frequency change” , N Lakshmanan, B K Raghuprasad, N Gopalakrishnan, K Sathishkumar, S G N Murthy )
- K.Suryanarain Rau Memorial Award 2007 for Smart Technology Development for the contribution in development of “ Smart Sensor based Remote Structural Health Monitoring for Civil Engineering Applications “ by Indian Society for Advancement of Materials and Processing Engineering.
- Operation Training of Seismic Test Facility at Saginomiya Seisakusho Inc, Japan
- Life Member, Instrument Society of India
- Life Member, Indian Society for Non Destructive Testing
- Granularity and textural analysis as a proxy for extreme wave events in southeast coast of India, , C S Vijaya Lakshmi, P Srinivasan, S G N Murthy & et al, Journal of Earth System Science, Vol:119 Issue: 3 pp:297, 01/06/2010
- Subsurface signatures and timing of extreme wave events along the southeast Indian coast, Rajesh R Nair, Madhav K Murari, C S Vijaya Lakshmi, Ilya Buynevich, Ron J Goble,P Srinivasan, S G N Murthy, Deshraj Trivedi, Suresh Chandra Kandpal, S M Hussain,D Sengupta and Ashok K Singhvi, Journal of Earth System Science Vol. 120, No. 5, October 2011
- Subsurface Images Shed Light on Past Tsunamis in India ,Nair, R. R., I. Buynevich, R. J. Goble, P. Srinivasan, S. G. N. Murthy, S. C. Kandpal, C. S. Vijaya Lakshmi, and D. Trivedi (2010), , Eos Trans. AGU 91 (50), 489,
- Subsurface reflections of prograded paleoscarps in Avis Island, North Andaman, India; Vijaya Lakshmi C S, Deshraj Trivedi, P Srinivasan, S G N Murthy & Rajesh R Nair, INDIAN JOURNAL OF GEO-MARINE SCIENCES Volume 40 Number 3 June 2011, p 331-337.
- Detection of contiguous and distributed damage through contours of equal frequency change, N Lakshmanan, B K Raghuprasad, N Gopalakrishnan, K Sathishkumar, S G N Murthy in Journal of Sound and Vibration (2010)
- Development of a Real-time Remote Structural Monitoring Scheme for Civil Infrastructural Systems, S. Sridhar, K. Ravisankar, P. Sreeshylam, S. Parivallal, K. Kesavan and S.G.N. Murthy, Structural Health Monitoring 2009 8: 509
- Diagnostic Characteristics of Extreme Events in South East Coast of India,Rajesh R.Nair, Ilya Buynevich, Ron J Goble, P.Srinivasan, S.G.N.Murthy, C.S.Vijayalekshmi, Deshraj Trivedi and S.C.Kandpal ,GeoCanada 2010 – Working with the Earth
- Remote Structural Health Monitoring of Civil Infrastructures – Recent Trends’, Sridhar, S., Ravisankar, K., Parivallal, S., Kesavan, K., Sreeshylam, P. and Murthy S.G.N., – January 2008 issue of International journal of COMADEM
- Evaluation of thickness and defects in concrete using impact-echo technique, Bhaskar Sangoju, P. Srinivasan, S.G.N. Murthy, Nagesh R. Iyer and K. Ravisankar, The Indian Concrete Journal, Jan2013, Vol87,No 1- P 19-27.
- Integrated approach of assessing sedimentary characteristics of onshore sand deposits on the Velankanni coast, Tamil Nadu, India: sheds light on extreme wave event signatures. K. Devi, C. S. Vijaya Lakshmi, M. C. Raicy, P. Srinivasan, S. G. N. Murthy, S. M. Hussain, Ilya Buynevich and Rajesh R. Nair. (2013) Journal of Coastal Conservation 17:1, 167-178.
- Detection of internal flaws in structural concrete elements by Impact-Echo technique, S. Bhaskar, H. Wiggenhauser, P. Srinivasan, S. G. N. Murthy, K. Ravisankar, Nagesh R. Iyer and N. Lakshmanan, Journal of Structural Engineering, India (SERC), Vol.36 No.1, Apr-May 2009.
- Dismantling by controlled blasting technique of blast furnance foundation for rehabilitation Prabhakar, J, Sivarama Sarma, B. Chellappan, A.;Ghose, M.K, Murthy, S.G.N , Journal of Structural Engineering Vol: 35, I No: 2, 2008
- Magnetic characterization of 5Cr-0.5Mo steel used in process heater tubes , G.Das, V.Rao, A.Joarder,O.N.Mohanty,S.G.N.Murthy and A.Mitra. J.Phy. D Appl.Phys.28(1995)2229-2234.
Patents / Copyrights
- Hand held device for in-situ stress measurement in concrete structure – Kapali Ravisankar , Sanganur Gangadharan Narasimha Murthy , Shanmugam Parivallal , Kannan Kesavan , Narayanan Lakshmanan