Project Work for PG Students
Applications are invited through online from the eligible Post-Graduate students of Structural Engineering/Applied Mechanics for carrying out project work in various Laboratories of CSIR- Structural Engineering Research Centre (CSIR-SERC), Chennai. Applicants are requested to go through the eligibility & selection criteria given below before applying.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria:
- Post-Graduate students pursuing Structural Engineering/Applied Mechanics in reputed institutions like IITs / IISc / NITs / BITS and Government Universities / Government Colleges / Colleges having MoU with CSIR-SERC / Private Universities / Private Colleges are eligible to apply for carrying out project work. Institutes will be given preference in the order of priority mentioned above. MHRD-NIRF ranking of the Institute will carry weightage.
- Third and final semester students are allowed to do their project work. The minimum eligibility criterion would be of 70% marks (or CGPA of 7.5 out of 10.0) in their graduate level and also up to their second semester of their post-graduation, without any arrears. Depending on the number of applications received, cut-off marks higher than that prescribed above may be fixed for selection of students. GATE qualified candidates will be given preference.
- Number of students selected from a Private University / Private College will be restricted to two. Maximum number of post-graduate students’ intake per year will be restricted to 60.
Duration of Project: Minimum of four months and maximum of nine months on full-time basis in CSIR-SERC campus.
Fees: The fee is Rs. 10,000/- plus applicable tax for project duration of up to six months and the fee is Rs. 15,000/- plus applicable tax for project duration beyond six months and up to nine months (does not include boarding & lodging facilities).
Apply Online: Applicants are required to apply online. Before proceeding online keep the softcopy of the following files in pdf format to upload.
- Statement of Purpose (SoP) (not exceeding 500 words)
- Signed copy of Rules and Regulations endorsed by HOD
- Bonafide Certificate
- Copies of Mark Sheets
Last Date for Receiving of Applications through Online: 31 July 2019 Announcement of List of Selected Candidates on Website: By 31 August 2019