Mr Nawal Kishore Banjara
- CSIR-SERC , Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- Pursuing Ph.D Engineering of Structures at the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research, AcSIR, Chennai
- M.Tech., Engineering of Structures, AcSIR, Chennai
- B.Tech., Civil Engineering, Dr. MGR University, Chennai
- Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 1st 2011 to present
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Instrumentation, measurement and performance evaluation of structures
- Structural health monitoring of bridges
- Fatigue and fracture studies of concrete structures
- Repair, retrofitting and strengthening of structures
- Acoustic wave propagations and digital image correlation for damage detection in concrete and metal structures
Awards & Honours
Selective Publications in International Journals
- Nawal Kishor Banjara, K. Ramanjaneyulu, (2017), “Experimental and numerical investigations on the performance evaluation of shear deficient and GFRP strengthened reinforced concrete beams”, Construction and Building Materials, 137, 520-534.
- Nawal Kishor Banjara, K. Ramanjaneyulu, Saptarshi Sasmal and V. Srinivas, (2016), “Flexural Fatigue Performance of Plain and Fibre Reinforced Concrete”, International Journal of Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, Vol. 69(2),373-377.
- Nawal Kishor Banjaraand Saptarshi Sasmal, (2014), “Remaining fatigue life of steel railway bridges under enhanced axle loads”, Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, Vol. 10(2), 213-224.
- Nawal Kishor Banjaraand Saptarshi Sasmal, (2013), “Evaluation of fatigue remaining life of typical steel plate girder bridges under railway loading”, Int Jl of Structural Longevity, Vol. 10(3), 155-166.
- Srinivas V., Saptarshi Sasmal, Nawal Kishor Banjara, Ramanjaneyulu K., and Nagesh R. Iyer, (2013),”Health Assessment of a Plate Girder Railway Bridge under Increased Axle Loads”, Journal of Bridge Engineering, Vol. 18(10), 969-979.
Selective Publications in National Journals
- Bharathi Priya, M. Keerthana, Mohit Verma and Nawal Kishor Banjara, (2011), “Design of steel channel tension members-proposal to IS 800:2007”, Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 38(2), 122-130.