Ms Sindu B.S
- CSIR-SERC, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- Pursuing PhD at the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR)
- M.Tech., Engineering of Structures, AcSIR
- B.E., Civil Engineering, College of Engineering Guindy
- Scientist, Nano-Infra Engineering, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 23rd November 2012 – Till date
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Nano-engineering of cementitious composites
- Low cement, high strength and high ductile concrete
- Wave propagation techniques to determine the material properties
- Development of piezo-resistive cementitious composites
Awards & Honours
- Received Certificate of Merit constituted by CSIR-SERC for the best technical paper award / certificate of special mention in 2014
- Sindu, B. S., Saptarshi Sasmal, and Smitha Gopinath. “A multi-scale approach for evaluating the mechanical characteristics of carbon nanotube incorporated cementitious composites.” Construction and Building Materials 50 (2014): 317-327.
- Sindu, B. S., and Saptarshi Sasmal. “Evaluation of mechanical characteristics of nano modified epoxy based polymers using molecular dynamics.” Computational Materials Science 96 (2015): 146-158.
- Saptarshi Sasmal, Ravivarman, N. and Sindu. B. S. “Synthesis, characterisation and performance of piezo-resistive cementitious nanocomposites.” Cement and Concrete Composites 75 (2017): 10-21.
Reputed Indian Journals
- Aleena Alex, Sindu B. S. and Saptarshi Sasmal, “Uniaxial tension and compression studies on cement clinkers using molecular dynamic simulations” Journal of Structural Engineering, 42, No. 1,(2015): 22-27