Dr Amar Prakash
Principal Scientist & Head
- CSIR-SERC , Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- Ph.D.,Applied Mechanics,Indian Institute of Technology [Madras, Chennai], Thesis: Studies on Steel Fibre Reinforced Cementitious Composite Panels subjected to High Velocity Impact of Short Projectiles
- M.E., Earthquake Engineering (Structural dynamics), University of Roorkee (Presently IIT Roorkee),First division with Honors
- B.Sc. Engineering, (Civil), Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh, Second Rank in college, 90.51 percentile in GATE 98 (All India Rank 458)
- Diploma in Engineering, (Civil), Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh, First Rank
- Principal Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre,Chennai, April 2015 to till date
- Senior Scientist,CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre,Chennai, April 2010 to April 2015
- Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre,Chennai, April 2006 to April 2010
- Junior Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre,Chennai, April 2002 to April 2006
- Resident Engineer (Civil), Site execution work in Hydro Power Projects at Chamba (HP) and Singtam (Sikkim), under JP Industries Ltd, during July 2000 to July 2001
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Structural Engineering
- High velocity impact simulations
- Seismic design and retrofitting of RCC structures
- Steel-concrete composite structures
- Analysis and design of underground structures subjected to blast loading and other blast resistant structures
- Design of RCC and steel structures,
- Advanced computational method- Meshless methods; Cementitious/fiber composite structures
Awards & Honours
- 2016-Awarded with the Raman Research Fellowship 2016-17 from CSIR to pursue research on “Investigations on high strain rate behaviour of steel fibre reinforced cementitious composites" under Raman Research Fellowship at University of Mississippi, Oxford, USA
- 2016-Received the Johnson C. Gammon Prize from Institution of Engineers (India)
- 1998-Ministry of Human Resource Development Scholarship for pursuing master in Engineering.
- 1998-Second Rank in B.Sc. Engg. (Civil), ZHCE&T, AMU Aligarh.
- 1994-First Rank in Diploma in Engg. (Civil), AMU Polytechnic, Aligarh.
- Member, Institution of Engineers (India) [M1366645-110]
- Member, Indian Concrete Institute (ICI)[LM-7086]
- Member, Indian Association for Computational Mechanics (IndACM)
- Alternate Member, BIS Committee- CED38 Special Structures Sectional Committee
- Amar Prakash, Monika AP, Anandavalli N., “Behavior of Steel-Concrete Composite (SCC) girder under impact due to rock fall”, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Elsevier, USA, Vol.177, 2020, ID:106474. (IF = 2.938)
- Smitha Gopinath, Amar Prakash, Farvaze Ahmed AK, “Analogy of novel TRC crash barriers with RC crash barrier under impact load”, International Journal of Crashworthiness (TCRS), Taylor and Francis UK, vol.26, 2020. (IF=1.46)
- Smitha Gopinath, Amar Prakash, A.K. Farvaze Ahmed, (2020), “Flexural impact response and energy absorption characteristics of textile reinforced mortar”, Journal of Construction and Building Materials, Elsevier, USA, Volume 262, 30 November 2020, pp 120630. (IF =4.419)
- Gopinath Smitha, Amar Prakash, Farvaze Ahmed AK, “Synergy of Hybrid Textile Reinforced Concrete under Impact Loading”, Sadhana, (2020),45:72, pp:1-11; (IF = 0.8).
- Mohit Verma, N Anandavalli, Amar Prakash and J Rajasankar (2019), “Laced steel–concrete composite sandwich system in flexure: Experiments, analysis and design”, Journal of Sandwich Structures & Materials, pp 1-31, April 2019. (IF = 5.616)
- Gopinath Smitha, Amar Prakash, Aahrthy R, Bhavani Harish M, “Investigations on the Influence of Matrix and Textile on the Response of Textile Reinforced Concrete Slabs under Impact Loading”, Sadhana, Vol. 43, (2018), pp. 172. (IF=0.8)
- Amar Prakash, Srinivasan, S.M. and Rama Mohan Rao, A., “Response of Steel Fiber Reinforced Cementitious Composite Panels Subjected to Extreme Loading Conditions”, Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology, ASME Transactions, Vol. 139, April 2017, 021019-1. (IF = 1.144)
- Amar Prakash, Srinivasan, S.M. and Rama Mohan Rao, A., “Application of Steel Fibre Reinforced Cementitious Composites in High Velocity Impact Resistance, Materials and structures (MAAS) ”, Springer. Vol. 50 No. 6, 2017, pp1-16. (IF = 2.901)
- Amar Prakash, Srinivasan, S.M. and Rama Mohan Rao, A., “Investigation on Steel Fibre Reinforced Cementitious Composite Panels under High velocity Impact of Short projectile”, ICCMS 2016, Procedia Engineering, Elsevier, Vol. 173, 2017, pp 331 – 338.(IF =0.97)
- Mohit Verma, J. Rajasankar, N. Anandavalli, Amar Prakash, Nagesh R Iyer, “Fuzzy similarity approach for ranking and health assessment of towers based on visual inspection”, International Journal of Advances in Structural Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 9, 2015, pp. 1399-1414. (IF = 1.50).
- Amar Prakash, Srinivasan, S. M. and Rama Mohan Rao, A., “High Velocity Impact Behaviour of Layered Steel Fibre Reinforced Cementitious Composite (SFRCC) Panels, CMC: Computers, Materials & Continua”, Tech Science Journal, Vol. 42 (1), pp 75-102. (IF=1.043)
- Amar Prakash, J. Rajasankar, Nagesh R. Iyer, N. Anandavalli, S. K. Biswas and A. K. Mukhopadhyay, “Prediction of Behavior of Ceramic/Metal Composite Panels Under Two Consecutive Ballistic Impacts”, International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science and Mechanics, Taylor & Francis, Volume 15, Issue 3, May 2014, pages 192-202. (IF=1.31)
- Anandavalli, N., Lakshmanan, N., Nagesh R. Iyer, Rajasankar, J. and Amar Prakash, “Finite element analysis of reinforced concrete (RC) beams with continuously inclined shear reinforcement by using an equivalent constitutive property”, Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol 40, 2013, SERC. (IF=0.11)
- Amar Prakash, J. Rajasankar, N. Anandavalli, Mohit Verma, Nagesh R. Iyer, “Influence of Adhesive Thickness on High Velocity Impact Performance Of Ceramic/Metal Composite Targets”, International Journal of Adhesion & Adhesives, vol. 41, March 2013, pp. 186–197. (IF= 2.671)
- Amar Prakash, N. Anandavalli, C. K. Madheswaran and N. Lakshmanan, “Experimental investigation on flexural behaviour of HSS stud connected steel-concrete composite girders”, Steel and Composite Structures - An International Journal (Techno Press), Vol. 13, No. 3, pp.239-258. (IF=4.394)
Amar Prakash, K. Ramanjaneyulu, J. Rajasankar, and Chitra Rajagopal, “Behaviour of a Blast Loaded Laced Reinforced Concrete Structure”, Defence Science Journal, Vol. 62, No. 5, September 2012, pp. 284-289.(IF=0.304)
- Madheswaran, C. K., Natarajan, K., A. Prakash and N. Anandavalli, “Experimental studies on behaviour of steel-concrete composite girders subjected to monotonic and cyclic loading”, Journal of Institution of Engineers, vol.89, August 2008, pp.3-10. (IF =0.39)
- Madheswaran, C. K., Natarajan, K. and A. Prakash, “Strength of shear connectors in Steel Concrete composite beams”, Journal of Institution of Engineers (I), vol. 88, August 2007, pp 14-20. (IF =0.39)
Other Peer Reviewed Journals
- Prakash, Anandavalli, N., Madheswaran, C.K., Rajasankar, J. and Lakshmanan, N., “Three dimensional FE model of stud connected steel-concrete composite girders subjected to monotonic loading”, International Journal of Mechanics and Applications, Vol. 1, 2011, pp. 1-11. I[CV 2015: 77.18; ICV 2016: 85.70]
- Amar Prakash, N. Anandavalli, C. K. Madheswaran, N. Lakshmanan (2012), “Modified Push-out Tests for Determining Shear Strength and Stiffness of HSS Stud Connector-Experimental Study”, International Journal of Composite Materials, vol. 2(3), pp. 22-31, June 2012. (DOI: 10.5923/ j.cmaterials. 20120203.02). [ICV 2015: 75.41; ICV 2016: 88.50 h5-index: 9, h5-median: 11]
- Prakash, A., Lakshmanan, N., Anandavalli, N., Madheswaran, C.K., Iyer, N. R., and Rajasankar, J., (2012), “A Simple Technique to Determine Interface Slip of Stud Connected SCC Girders”, Civil Engineering Dimension, (DOAJ), Vol. 14, No. 2, September 2012, pp.110-120, ISSN 1410-9530 print / ISSN 1979-570X online. [Global IF =0.876]
- N. Anandavalli, N. Lakshmanan, J. Rajasankar, and Amar Prakash, (2012), “Numerical Studies on Blast Loaded Steel-Concrete Composite Panels”, Journal of Civil Engineering and Science (JCES), Vol. 1, Issue (3), pp. 102-108.
- N. Anandavalli, J. Rajasankar, Amar Prakash, B. Sivaprasad (2013), “Static Response of Steel-Concrete-Steel Sandwich Beam with Bi-Directionally Inclined Connectors”, American Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture, 2013 vol. 1 (1), doi: 10.12691/ajcea-1-1-3.
- Sharmila, C., Anandavalli, N., Arunachalam, N. and Amar Prakash, “Pressure-impulse diagram for damage assessment of structural elements subjected to blast loads: A state-of-art review”, International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 275-284, 2014. [h-index=22]
- Akilan, R., Amar Prakash, Arunachalam, N. and Anandavalli, N., “Steel-Concrete Composite girders under shock loads - A Review”, International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 308-316, 2014. [h-index=22]
- Hareena Ch. B.V, Amar Prakash, Rajasankar J., Panduranga Rao B. (2014), “Numerical study on underground structures subjected to shock loading”, International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering, Vol. 5, No 3, 2014,177-187.
- Muthu Vijay P. & Amar Prakash, “Analysis of Sloshing Impact on Overhead Liquid Storage Structures”, Impact: International Journal of Research in Engineering & Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 8, Aug 2014, 127-142. [h-index=5]
- Amar Prakash, Anandavalli, N, “Utility of steel-concrete composite construction technique in the development of infrastructure Engineering perspective”, Bharatiya Vaigyanik evam Audyogik Anusandhan Patrika (BVAAP), CSIR-NISCAIR, Vol.28(1), pp7-18, June 2020.
- Akshaya, S. L., Amar Prakash, and Bharati Raj J., “Applications of Functionally Graded Materials in Structural Engineering—A Review. 2020”, Proceedings of SECON 2020, Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering 97, Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2021, K. Dasgupta et al. (eds.), pp.553-566.
Patents / Copyrights
- Anandavalli Narayanan, Lakashamanan Narayanan, Nagesh R. Iyer, Rajasankar Jayachandran, Amar Prakash, “Laced Composite System” US Patent No. US 9487954 B2, Grant date Nov. 8, 2016.
- Anandavalli Narayanan, Lakashamanan Narayanan, Nagesh R. Iyer, Rajasankar Jayachandran, Amar Prakash, “Laced Composite System” Indian patent Filed, Application No. 1886DEL2011 dated 05-07-2011.
- Anandavalli Narayanan, Lakashamanan Narayanan, Nagesh R. Iyer, Rajasankar Jayachandran, Amar Prakash, “Laced Composite System” International patent Publication No. WO2013/005232A1, dated 10-01-2013.
- Smitha Gopinath, Amar Prakash, Farvaze Ahmed AK and J. Rajasankar, “An Apparatus and Method for Production of Precast Textile Reinforced Concrete Crash Barriers”, Patent Filed, Jan 2018.