The JIGYASA programme is inspired by Prime Minister’s vision of a New India and Scientific Social Responsibility (SSR) of Scientific Community and Institutions. The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) implemented the JIGYASA programme in collaboration with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) during the first phase (FY 2017-2020). In the second phase, JIGYASA 2.0 (FY 2021 onwards) is extended to all state government schools alongwith virtual lab integration.
CSIR-SERC is organizing following events under the JIGYASA 2.0
- Popular lecture series/ demonstration programme at Schools
- Lab specific activities / Onsite experiments
- Visits of scientists to schools/Outreach programmes
- JIGYASA student competitions
- SCIFIC (Class 6-8)
- TECHNOVATION (Class 9-12)
- Teacher workshop, etc.
The Skill and Human Resource Development Division (SHRDD) coordinates the activities of JIGYASA at CSIR-SERC.