CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre (CSIR-SERC), Chennai, India is one of the national laboratories under the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), India. CSIR-SERC has built up excellent facilities and expertise for the analysis, design and testing of structures and structural components. Services of CSIR-SERC are being extensively used by the Central and State Governments and public and private sector undertakings. Scientists of CSIR-SERC serve on many national and international committees and the Centre is recognized at the national and international levels as a leading research institution in the field of structural engineering.
Charter of our Research Centre
CSIR-SERC acts as a clearing house for the latest available knowledge and develops know-how on design and construction of all types of structures. It undertakes application-oriented research in all aspects of structural engineering – both design and construction, including rehabilitation of structures. It provides design consultancy services, including proof checking, to organizations in the public and private sectors for developing a variety of structural designs. CSIR-SERC also organizes specialized courses on structural engineering for the benefit of practicing engineers to familiarize them with the latest developments in analysis, design and construction.
Vision of CSIR-SERC
To be a global leader in structural engineering by excelling in research in frontier and cutting edge areas, and by developing competitive technologies by embracing innovative inter- and trans- disciplinary approaches for the benefit of society and industry.
Mission of CSIR-SERC
- To pursue and excel in research in frontier / cutting edge areas of structural engineering and to create niche areas.
- To emerge as the most preferred resource centre for industry for solving new challenges in structures of different sizes, shapes, geometry and purpose of use.
- To develop and transfer sustainable technologies addressing societal needs.
- To be a preferred knowledge centre for providing structural engineering solutions for pre- and post- disaster needs.
- Knowledge creation and dissemination.
- Technology development and transfer.
- Development of innovative processes and products.
- High-end knowledge based service to industry.
- Services to society and strategic sector.
--------------------- or / and ----------------------
Chennai 600 113