Dr Kamatchi P
Senior Principal Scientist & Head
- CSIR-SERC, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- Ph.D Structural Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- M.E. Structural Engineering, Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli
- B.E. Civil Engineering, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Joined CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre as Scientist Gr. IV (1) in March 1998 and currently serving as Senior Principal Scientist.
- Worked as Research Assistant /Associate at Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli during March 1992- March1998
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Earthquake Engineering, Site-specific analysis, Site characterization, Artificial Neural Networks, Concrete structures, Performance based analysis, Numerical modelling of pile foundation, Collapse capacity analysis, Viscoelastic and Tuned Mass Dampers, Optimization, Active control
Awards & Honours
- Awarded Raman Research Fellowship for the year 2013-2014 and worked at University of California San Diego during August 2013-November 2013.
- The following paper received certificate of merit award for the best paper published by CSIR-SERC scientists for the year 2014-2015.Kamatchi P., Ahmed Elgamal, Nagesh R Iyer, “3D finite element static analysis of shallow and deep foundations with soil-structure interaction and comparison with elastic solutions” Proceedings of 5th International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation, 10th -12th December 2014, pp 1849-1854.
- Lalanthi, M. C.; Kamatchi, P.; Balaji Rao, K.; Saibabu, S.,'Methodologies for numerical modelling of prestressed concrete box-girder for long term deflection' Computers and Concrete, Vol. 21, No. 3, Mar 2018, pp 269-278 (IF=0.813).
- Vaidyanathan, C.V., Kamatchi, P., and Ravichandran, R., ‘Artificial Neural Networks for Predicting the Response of Structural Systems with Viscoelastic Dampers’ Computer Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Vol. 20 No. 4, 2005, pp. 294-302 (IF=5.288).
- Kamatchi, P., Rajasankar,J., Nagesh R. Iyer, Lakshmanan, N., Ramana, G.V. and Nagpal, A.K., ‘Effect of depth of soil stratum on performance of buildings for site-specific earthquakes’ Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 30, 201, pp 647-661. (IF=1.481).
- Kamatchi P., Rajasankar J., Ramana V. and Nagpal A.K., ‘Neural network based methodology to predict site-specific spectral acceleration values’ Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration, Vol. 9, 2010, pp 459-472, (IF=0.814)
- Kamatchi, P., Balaji Rao, K., Nagesh R. Iyer, and Arunachalam. S., ‘Neural Network based methodology for inter-arrival times of earthquakes’ Natural Hazards, 64, 2012, pp 1291-1303 (IF =1.746)
- Devandiran, P. Kamatchi, K. Balaji Rao, K. Ravisankar and Nagesh R. Iyer,, ‘Probabilistic analysis of spectral displacement by NSA and NDA’ Earthquakes and Structures, Vol. 5 No. 4, 2013, pp 439-459, (IF = 0.849).
- Kamatchi, P., Balaji Rao, K., Dhayalini, B., Saibabu, S., Parivallal, S., Ravisankar, K., Nagesh R. Iyer,, ‘Long-term prestress loss and camber of box girder bridge’ ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 111 No. 6, 2014, pp 1297-1306 (IF = 1.28).
- Kamatchi, P. Ramana, G.V. Nagpal, A.K. Nagesh R Iyer and Bhat J. A. ‘ANN based methodology to determine dynamic to static eccentricity ratio of torsionally coupled buildings for site-specific earthquakes’ Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 19 No. 1, 2015 pp. 107 – 136 (IF = 1.247).
- Kamatchi, P., Ramana, G.V., Nagpal, A.K., Nagesh R Iyer and Bhat J. A. “Dynamic to static eccentricity ratio for site-specific earthquakes” Earthquakes and Structures, Vol. 9 No. (2) 2015, pp. 391-413 (IF=0.849).
- Kamatchi P., Ramana G.V. and Nagpal A.K.,’Importance of site-specific analysis for medium soil sites of Delhi region’ ISET journal of earthquake technology Vol. 47, 2010, pp. 61-74 (Scimago Journal Ranking 0.8; H index 10)
- Shrithi S. Badami, P. Kamatchi and Nagesh R Iyer, ‘Site-specific analyses of framed buildings located at deeper alluvial basin through 1d and 2d ground response analyses’ Asian journal of civil engineering (building and housing), Vol.16 No. 2, 2015, pp. 269-290 (Scimago Journal ranking 0.34 H-index 9).
- Kamatchi, K. Balaji Rao, G. Abhishek, “Response reduction of structural system with tuned mass damper for site-specific earthquake including the effect of depth of soil stratum, Asian journal of civil engineering (BHRC) vol. 17, no. 5 2016, pp. 659-674 (Scimago Journal ranking 0.34 H-index 9).
Reputed Indian Journals
- Kamatchi, P., Ramana, G.V., Nagpal, A.K. and Lakshmanan, N. ‘Site-specific Responses of Framed Buildings at Delhi for Long Distance Large Magnitude Earthquakes’ Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 34 No. 3, 2007, 227-232.
- Rama Raju. K., Cinitha. A., Kamatchi, P., Nagesh. R. Iyer, ‘Estimation of enhanced design base shear as per IS codes prior to IS:1893-2002 by seismic coefficient method’ Journal of institution of engineers, Vol. 90, 2009 pp. 9-13.
- Rama Raju. K., Cinitha. A., Kamatchi, P., Nagesh. R. Iyer and Lakshmanan. N, ‘Estimation of enhanced design base shear requirement for buildings designed as per IS 1893-1996, 1984 by seismic coefficient method’ Journal of structural engineering, Vol. 36 , No. 4, 2009, pp. 292-297.
- Luna Ngeljaratan, Kamatchi P. and Nagesh R Iyer, ‘A critical review on earthquake resistant design provisions of SNI 03-1726-2006 of Indonesia and IS 1893(Part 1)-2002 of India’ Journal of Structural Engineering Vol.38 No. 3, 2011, pp. 285-296.
- Kamatchi , Balaji Rao K., Anoop M.B. and Nagesh R. Iyer, ‘Classification of soil sites and response spectra for Chennai city” Journal of Structural Engineering. Vol. 37 No. 6, 2011, pp. 385-389.
- Arunachalam, P. Kamatchi, K. Rama Raju, M. B. Anoop, K. Balaji Rao, P. Harikrishna and Nagesh R. Iyer, ‘Methodology for deriving multihazard factors for design base shear of buildings for wind and earthquake hazard for peninsular India”, Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol.40, No. 4 , 2013, pp. 333-343.
- Merin Ross, Kamatchi, P., Nagesh, R. Iyer, ‘Importance of Site-specific analyses for Steel Framed Buildings with Passive Energy Dissipators’ Journal of Structural Engineering CSIR-SERC., Vol. 41, No.4, 2014, pp 307-319.
- Kamatchi, P., Dhayalini, B., Balaji Rao, K., Saibabu, S., Parivallal, S., Ravisankar, K. and Nagesh R. Iyer, ‘Estimation of long-term prestress losses of box-girder bridge span using the prestress loss models in Indian and International codes of practices and comparison with field measurements’, Indian Concrete Journal, 89 No. 5, 2015, pp. 59-68.
- Kamatchi, P. Rama Raju K., Ravisankar, K. Nagesh R Iyer, ‘Design of viscoelastic dampers for RC frame for site-specific earthquake” Journal of Institution of Engineers (India) Series-A Vol. 97 No., 4, 2015, pp 359-366.