Dr Prabhat Ranjan Prem
- CSIR-SERC, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- 2018: Ph.D. (Civil Engineering), AcSIR, CSIR –SERC, Chennai.
- 2012: M-Tech (Engineering Structures), AcSIR, CSIR –SERC, Chennai
- 2010: B-Tech (Civil Engineering), West Bengal University of Technology, West Bengal
- Principal Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 23rd November 2020 to till date.
- Senior Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 23rd November 2016 - 22 November 2020
- Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 23rd November 2012 - 22 November 2016
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Sustainable Materials and Composites & Retrofitting/ Rehabilitation of Structures
- Ultra High Performance Concrete
- Acoustic Emission
- Fracture Mechanics
Awards & Honours
- 2021 :Google scholar stats: Citations- 535, h index – 10, i10 index - 11 (Indexed on 20-07-2021)
- 2021: Institution of Engineers (India) - Young Engineers Award
- 2019: CSIR-Young Scientist award in Engineering Sciences
- The award consists of
- Cash prize of INR 50,000 (Fifty thousand) and a plaque.
- Special Honorarium of INR 7,500/- (Seven thousand five hundred) per month till the age of 45 years.
- Research grant of INR 25 lakh (Twenty-five lakh) for five year
- Citation of Award - Outstanding contributions in experimental and theoretical research on UHPC
- 2019: Offered fully funded Postdoctoral Position (2019-2021) at Universite Libre de Bruxelles(ULB), Brussels
- 2019: Outstanding PhD Thesis in the field of Concrete - from Indian Concrete Institute- National Level
- 2019: PRATIBHA awards - from AndraPradesh Government for Supervising M – Tech Thesis Title: Constitutive modelling of Geopolymer Concrete (Role: Main Supervisor)
- 2018:Outstanding PhD Thesis in the field of Concrete - from Indian Concrete Institute- Chennai Chapter
- 2018: Certificate of Merit – Dr.M.Ramiah Prize from CSIR-SERC
- 2017 :Outstanding Reviewer award from International Journal of Applied Acoustics (IF: 1.92)
- 2016: International Travel grant to visit Cardiff University, UK
- 2015: International Travel grant to visit Cardiff University, UK.
- 2015: UKIERI award under UK India Education Research Initiative (UKIERI), 2015-17
- 2012: International Travel grant to present paper at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2010: Award of Quick-hire Scientist (Trainee) at CSIR-SERC, 2010-12
- Prem, P. R., Mohit Verma, A.Ramchandra Murthy and P.S.Ambily (2021), Smart monitoring of strengthened beams made of ultra high performance concrete using integrated and non-integrated acoustic emission approach. Structural Control and Health Monitoring 28 (5) e2704 (IF:4.81)
- Prem, P. R., Mohit Verma, P.S.Ambily (2021). Damage characterization of reinforced concrete beams under different failure modes using Acoustic emission. Structures 30, 174-187(IF: 2.98)
- Prem, P. R., Thirumalaiselvi, A., & Verma, M. (2019). Applied linear and nonlinear statistical models for evaluating strength of Geopolymer concrete. Computers and Concrete, 24(1), 7-17.(IF: 1.88)
- Prem, P. R., Verma, M., & Ambily, P. S. (2018). Sustainable cleaner production of concrete with high volume copper slag. Journal of Cleaner Production, 193, 43-58. (IF: 6.3)
- Prem, P. R., Murthy, A. R., & Verma, M. (2018). Theoretical modelling and acoustic emission monitoring of RC beams strengthened with UHPC. Construction and Building Materials, 158, 670-682. (IF: 4.04)
- Prem, P. R., & Murthy, A. R. (2017). Acoustic emission monitoring of reinforced concrete beams subjected to four-point-bending. Applied Acoustics, 117, 28-38 (IF:1.92)
- Prem, P. R., Verma, M., Murthy, A. R., B.H. Bharatkumar, J. Rajasankar., (2017). Numerical and theoretical modelling of low velocity impact on UHPC panels. Structural Engineering and Mechanics 63, 2, 207-215 (IF:2.14)
- Prem, P. R., & Murthy, A. R. (2016). Acoustic emission and flexural behaviour of RC beams strengthened with UHPC overlay. Construction and Building Materials, 123, 481-492 (IF:3.16)
- Verma, M., Prem, P. R., Rajasankar, J., & Bharatkumar, B. H. (2016). On low-energy impact response of ultra-high performance concrete (UHPC) panels. Materials & Design, 92, 853-865. (IF:4.34)
- Ambily, P. S., Umarani, C., Ravisankar, K., Prem, P. R., Bharatkumar, B. H., & Iyer, N. R. (2015). Studies on ultra high performance concrete incorporating copper slag as fine aggregate. Construction and Building Materials, 77, 233-240 (IF:2.2)
- Prem, P. R., Ramachandra Murthy, A., & Bharatkumar, B. H. (2015). Influence of curing regime and steel fibres on the mechanical properties of UHPC. Magazine of Concrete Research, 67(18), 988-1002. (IF:1.3)
- Gopinath, S., Ayashwarya, R., Kumar, V. R., Prem, P. R., Murthy, A. R. C., Madheswaran, C.K., & Iyer, R. N. (2014). Low velocity impact behaviour of ultra high strength concrete panels. Sadhana, 39(6), 1497-1507. (IF:0.58)
- Murthy, A. R., Kumar, V. R., Gopinath, S., Prem, P. R., Iyer, N. R., & Balakrishnan, R(2014). Structural performance of precast and cast-in-situ ultra high strength concrete sandwich panel. Int. J. Comput. Mater. Continua, 44(1), 59-72 (IF:1.01)
- Prem, P. R., Bharatkumar, B. H., & Iyer, N. R. (2013). Influence of curing regimes on compressive strength of ultra high performance concrete. Sadhana, 38(6), 1421-1431.