Dr. Srinivasa Babu Ramisetti
- CSIR-SERC, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- Ph.D (Multiscale Modelling), Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland
- M.Tech (Computer Aided Structural Engineering), International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, India
- B.E (Civil Engineering), M.V.S.R Engineering College, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India
- Principal Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, India, (January 2020 – present)
- Research fellow, College of Engineering, Mathematics, and Physical Sciences, University of Exeter, UK, (April 2019 – December 2019)
- Research fellow, School of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Leeds, UK, (April 2017 – March 2018)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, School of Engineering, University of Edinburgh, UK (February 2014 – March 2017)
- Software engineer, AutoForm India Pvt Ltd., Hyderabad, India (January 2006 – January 2009)
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Computational Mechanics
- Multiscale Modelling
- Molecular Dynamics
- High Performance Computing
Awards & Honours
- 2020 Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK - 2020
- Investigation of fluid slip over surface nanobubbles, Cirrus RAP project grant from EPSRC, UK (PI, funds: £16640, duration: 6 months) - 2019
- Molecular simulations of low salinity effect on the adhesion/calcite adhesion, Cirrus RAP project grant from EPSRC, UK (PI, funds: £11542, duration: 6 months) - 2018
- Early Career Researcher Internationalisation Activity Award, University of Leeds, UK (PI, funds: £1100) - 2018
- Short Research Visit, UK Fluids Network (PI, funds: £400) – 2018
- Carbon quantum dots with tracer-like breakthrough ability for reservoir characterization. Hu, Z.; Gao, H.; Ramisetti, S.; Zhao, J.; Nourafkan, E.; Glover, P. W. J.; and Wen, D. Science of The Total Environment. 2019.
- Molecular dynamics investigation of substrate wettability alteration and oil transport in a calcite nanopore. Zhao, J.; Yao, G.; Ramisetti, S. B.; Hammond, R. B.; and Wen, D. Fuel, 239: 1149–1161. 2019.
- Atomistic Molecular Dynamic Simulation of Dilute Poly(acrylic acid) Solution: Effects of Simulation Size Sensitivity and Ionic Strength. Yao, G.; Zhao, J.; Ramisetti, S. B.; and Wen, D. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 57(50): 17129–17141. December 2018. Publisher: American Chemical Society
- Molecular Dynamics Simulation of the Salinity Effect on the n-Decane/Water/Vapor Interfacial Equilibrium. Zhao, J.; Yao, G.; Ramisetti, S. B.; Hammond, R. B.; and Wen, D. Energy & Fuels, 32(11): 11080–11092. November 2018.
- mdFoam+: Advanced molecular dynamics in OpenFOAM. Longshaw, S. M.; Borg, M. K.; Ramisetti, S. B.; Zhang, J.; Lockerby, D. A.; Emerson, D. R.; and Reese, J. M. Computer Physics Communications, 224: 1–21. March 2018.
- Liquid slip over gas nanofilms. Ramisetti, S. B.; Borg, M. K.; Lockerby, D. A.; and Reese, J. M. Physical Review Fluids, 2(8): 084003. August 2017.
- MD/FE Multiscale Modeling of Contact. Ramisetti, S. B.; Anciaux, G.; and Molinari, J. In Gnecco, E.; and Meyer, E., editor(s), Fundamentals of Friction and Wear on the Nanoscale, pages 289–312. Springer International Publishing, 2015.
- A concurrent atomistic and continuum coupling method with applications to thermo-mechanical problems. Ramisetti, S. B.; Anciaux, G.; and Molinari, J. F. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 97(10): 707–738. March 2014.
- Multiscale Modeling of Thermo-Mechanical Coupling Between Atomistic and Continuum Domains. Ramisetti, S. B. Ph.D. Thesis, ENAC, Lausanne, 2013.
- Spatial filters for bridging molecular dynamics with finite elements at finite temperatures. Ramisetti, S. B.; Anciaux, G.; and Molinari, J. F. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 253: 28–38. January 2013.
- A finite temperature bridging domain method for MD-FE coupling and application to a contact problem. Anciaux, G.; Ramisetti, S. B.; and Molinari, J. F. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 205–208: 204–212. January 2011.
- The autocorrelation function for island areas on self-affine surfaces. Ramisetti, S. B.; Campañá, C.; Anciaux, G.; Molinari, J. F.; Müser, M. H.; and Robbins, M. O. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 23(21): 215004. June 2011.