Dr Sundar Kumar S
- CSIR-SERC, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113
- +91-44-22549156/ 4848
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- Ph. D. (Civil Engineering) , Anna University
- M.Tech. (Computer Aided Design of Structures), Visvesvaraya Technological University
- B.E. (Civil Engineering), Visvesvaraya Technological University
- Senior Scientist, Advanced Materials Laboratory, CSIR – Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai.
- Member – BIS subcommittee CED 53:2 – Cement matrix products (Concrete Pipes)
- Member – The Institution of Engineers (India)
- Member – Indian Concrete Institute
- ACI Materials Journal, Applied Mathematical Modelling, Journal of Cleaner Production, Current Science, Journal of Structural Engineering(SERC).
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Concrete Technology
- Geopolymers and Geopolymer Concrete
- Durability of Concrete
- NDT of Concrete Structures
- Repair, Rehabilitation and Retrofitting of Concrete Structures
- Alternative Materials for Construction
Awards & Honours
- University II Rank in M.Tech (Computer Aided Design of Structures), Visvesvaraya Technological University in the year 2008
- Bhashya V., Ramesh G., Sundar Kumar S., Sangoju B. ' Performance Evaluation of Concretes by Using Recycled Aggregate', The Indian Concrete Journal, Volume 94, Issue 1, January 2020, Pages 51-57
- Devi, A. Kanchana, K. Ramajaneyulu, S. Sundar Kumar, G. Ramesh, B.H. Bharat Kumar, and T.S. Krishnamoorthy. “Ultimate Load Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Beam with Corroded Reinforcement.” Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series A (2017): 1-8.
S. Sundar Kumar, K. C. Pazhani and K. Ravisankar, ‘Fracture behaviour of fibre reinforced geopolymer concrete’, Current Science,Vol. 113, No 1, July 2017, pp 116 – 122.
- Sundar Kumar, K.C. Pazhani & K. Ravisankar . “Studies on fly ash and slag blended geopolymer concrete”, Journal of Structural Engineering (SERC), Vol. 43, No. 3, August-September 2016, pp 303-310.
- Sundar Kumar, K.C. Pazhani & K. Ravisankar and R.G. Dhilip Kumar (2016). “Evaluation of bond properties of alkali activated slag concrete”, Journal of Structural Engineering (SERC), Vol. 42, No. 5, December 2015 – January 2016, pp 438-443.
- Bhashya, V., Sundar Kumar, G. Ramesh, B. H. Bharatkumar, T. S. Krishnamoorthy, and Nagesh R. Iyer. “Long term studies on FRP strengthened concrete specimens.” Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences Vol. 22 (2015), 465-472.
- Ganesh, A. Ramachandra Murthy, S. Sundar Kumar, M Mohammed Saffiq Reheman, “Effect of nanosilica on durability and mechanical properties of high-strength concrete” Magazine of Concrete Research, Vol. 68, No. 5 (2015) 229-236.
- Ramachandra Murthy, P. Ganesh, S. Sundar Kumar and Nagesh R. Iyer” Fracture energy and tension softening relation for nanomodified concrete” Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 54, No. 6 (2015) 1201-1216
- Ambily, P S; Ravisankar, K; Umarani, C; Kumar, S. S.” Influence of Micronised Biomass Silica on the Workability and Strength of Alkali Activated Slag Concrete” Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, Vol. 74 (Feb, 2015), pp. 98-101.
- Sundar Kumar, S., G. Ramesh, S. A. Jaffer Sathik and B.H. Bharatkumar” Effect of NaOH concentration and molar ratios on strength development in geopolymer mortars, Journal of Structural Engineering (JoSE), 2014, Vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 558-564.
- Bhashya, V., Ramesh, G., Sundar Kumar, S., Bharatkumar, B. H., Krishnamoorthy, T. S. and Nagesh R. Iyer “Comparative study of stress-strain models for FRP confined concrete cylinders” Journal of Structural Engineering – SERC, Vol. 39, No. 4, Oct-Nov 2012, pp 425-435.
- Bhashya V. Sundar Kumar, S., Ramesh, G., Bharatkumar, B.H., and Krishnamoorthy “Studies on Residual Strength Characteristics of slurry infiltrated fibrous concrete” Journal of Structural Engineering – SERC, Vol. 39, No. 1, Apr-May 2012, pp 125-134.
- Bhashya V. Ramesh, G., Sundar Kumar, S., Bharatkumar, B.H., Krishnamoorthy and Nagesh R. Iyer, (2011) “Experimental and Analytical Studies on Concrete Cylinders Wrapped with Fibre Reinforced Polymer” Computers, Materials and Continua, Vol. 25, No.1, pp. 47-73.