Mr Rajendra Pitambar Rokade
Senior Principal Scientist
- CSIR-SERC , Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- PhD, (Pursuing), Structural Engineering, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram
- B.E., Structural Engineering, SPCE, University of Mumbai, Mumbai
- M.E., Civil Engineering, GECA, Dr. B.A. Marathawada University, Aurangabad
- Diploma, Civil Engineering, GPA, Board of Technical Examinations, Bombay,
- Senior Principal Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 24/05/18 – till Date
- Principal Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 24/05/11 – 23/05/2018
- Senior Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 24/05/2007 – 23/05/2011
- Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, 24/05/2002 – 23/05/2007
- Industry Experience, Design of Multi-storeyed Residential and Commercial Buildings, Industrial Structures, Flyover Bridges, Transmission Line Towers and Foundations, 1995 – 2002
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Analysis, Design and Prototype Testing of Power Transmission Line Towers, Communication and Broadcasting Towers, Steel Monopoles, Substation Structures, Space Trusses,
- Guyed Towers and Emergency Restoration System for Power Lines
- Simulation of Broken Conductor Loads, Transmission Line System Analysis
- Use of Cold-Formed Steel, Tubular sections, Square Hollow Sections, Schiflerized Angle Sections, GFRP Sections for Power Line Structures
- High Wind Load Modelling,
- Reliability analysis and Risk Assessment,
- Remaining Life Assessment,
- Refurbishment Techniques for Power Line Towers,
- Sustainable Materials for Power Line Towers.
Awards & Honours
- Merit Certificate for the best technical paper in 2009 for the paper titled “Analytical and Experimental Studies on 400kV S/c Portal type guyed tower”, published in the Int. Journal of “Structural Stability and Dynamics”, March, 2009
- Alternate Member for Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi – CED 7:1 Use of Steel in Overhead line towers and switchyard structures and masts for telecommunication and flood lighting subcommittee
Membership Professional bodies
- Life Member of The Institution of Engineers India (IEI)
- Life Member of India Chapter of American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Life Member of Indian Concrete Institute (ICI)
- Life Member of Indian Institution of Bridge Engineers (IIBE)
- Life Member of The Indian Society for Wind Engineering (ISWE)
- Life Member of Indian Association for Computational Mechanics (IndACM)
- Life Member of Indian Association for Structural engineers (IASE)
- Life Member of Institute for Steel Development & Growth (INSDAG)
- Visited Russia on nomination from Ministry of Science and Technology, Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi, for, “Exposure Visit of Senior/Middle and Junior Scientists to Russia”, during September 15-19, 2014 under the scheme “National Programme for Training of Scientists / Technologists working in Government Sector”.
- Visited U.S.A., on nomination from CSIR-SERC, Chennai, to present paper in 21st International Specialty Conference on Cold-Formed Steel Structures, at St. Louis, USA during October 23-26, 2012 under Supra Institutional Project (SIP 028)
1. International Journal:
- Manikandan, R.P. Rokade, A. Sivakumar, “Reliability analysis of compression struts in lattice towers”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Vol. 4, Special Issue 4, June 2014, pp. 82-87.
- K. Harsha, R.P. Rokade, A. Sivakumar, “Studies on stress concentration at bolt hole location in lap joints using finite element analysis”, International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, Issue 3, March 2014, pp. 333-339.
- Prasad Rao, R. Balagopal, R. P. Rokade, S. J. Mohan, “Schifflerised angle sections for triangular-based communication towers”, The IES Journal Part A: Civil & Structural Engineering, Vol. 6, Issue 3, 2013, pp. 189-198.
- Prasad Rao, R. Bala Gopal, R.P. Rokade, S.J. Mohan, “Analytical and experimental studies on 400 and 132 kV steel transmission poles”, Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 18, Issue 3, April 2011, pp. 1018–1029.
- Prasad Rao, S. J. Mohan, R. P. Rokade, R. Bala Gopal, “Analytical and experimental studies on 400 kV S/c portal-type guyed towers”, International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics, Vol. 9, No. 1, March 2009, pp. 85-106.
2. National Journal:
- Balagopal, N. Prasad Rao, R.P. Rokade and S.J. Mohan, “Comparative studies on conventional monopole and microwave towers” Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 39 (No. 4), October-November 2012, pp. 450 – 457.
- P. Rokade, S. J. Mohan, N. Prasad Rao, R. Balagopal, “Development of Methodology for Refurbishment of Transmission Line Tower Foundation”, Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 35 (No. 1), April-May 2008, pp. 66-72.