डॉ आर. मणिसेकर
- CSIR-SERC, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- PhD in Structural Engineering
- M.E Structural Engineering
- B.E Civil and Structural Engineering
- Senior Scientist, CSIR- Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Retrofitting of existing concrete structures by External Post-tensioning
- Static and Fatigue behaviour of Post-tensioned concrete members with unbonded tendons
- Static and Fatigue behaviour of RC members
- Shear behaviour of RC members
Awards & Honours
- Manisekar, R. and Rao, M.V.B., ‘Strengthening of Composite Bridges by External Prestressing’, ICI Iournal, 1, Apr-Jun 2000, No.1, pp 29-34-A national Journal.
- Manisekar, R. and Rao, M.V.B., ‘Behaviour of Deviators in External Prestressing’, Indian Concrete Journal, Vol. 77, No. 9, September 2003, pp. 1332-1338-A national Journal.
- Manisekar, R. and Senthil, R. “Stress at Ultimate in Unbonded Post-tensioning Tendons for Simply supported Beams- A state of-art-review”, Advances in Structural Engineering, 9, No. 3, 2006, pp. 321-355-An International SCI Journal.
- Manisekar, R. and Senthil, R. “Plastic Hinge Length in Prestressed Concrete Beams”, Indian Highways, 37, No. 5, 2009, pp.321-355-A national refereed Journal.
- Sivakumar, P. Annie peter, J., Ravichandran, R., Manisekar, R., and Rajmane N.P. “Modelling and Simulation in Large Panel Precast Construction”, Civil Engineering & Construction Review, April 2009, pp.40-50-A national Journal.
- Manisekar, R.,Sivakumar and K.N.Lakshmikandhan ‘Experimental investigations on strengthening of RC beams by external prestressing’, Asian Journal of Civil Engineering– Vol.15, No.3, 2014 Pages 350-363 (available online). An international journal.
- Manisekar, R. and Sivakumar, P. (2014) ‘Strengthening of Distressed RC Beams by External Prestressing: Experimental Studies’ Indian Concrete Journal, January Issue.
- R Senthil and R.Manisekar (2015). Ultimate flexural behaviour of externally prestressed new beams and distressed beams, Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Vol.10, No.4 April 2015, pp.461-484.
- Manisekar, R. (2014) Ductility of partially prestressed concrete members with unbonded and external tendons’ ‘Advances in Structural Engineering’, SPRINGER INDIA 2015, Vasant Matsagar (Editor), pp. 2241-2257. Extended abstract of the paper has been published in ‘Recent Developments in Structural Engineering’, published by BLOOMSBURY PUBLISHING INDIA PVT. LTD., vide page 170, Vasant Matsagar (Editor).