डॉ एस. महेश्वरन
वरिष्ठ प्रधान वैज्ञानिक
- CSIR-SERC, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- PhD, Anna University, Chennai
- MBA, IGNOU, New Delhi
- Certificate Course on Intellectual Property, WIPO Worldwide Academy, Geneva (Through online distance learning)
- PGDCA, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- BSc, Alagappa University, Karaikudi
- Senior Principal Scientist,CSIR- Structural Engineering Research Centre, CSIR, Chennai. 29 April 2011 to till date.
- Principal Scientist,CSIR- Structural Engineering Research Centre, CSIR, Chennai. April 2011 to 28 April 2018
- Senior Scientist,CSIR- Structural Engineering Research Centre, CSIR, Chennai,April 2007 to April 2011
- Scientist Gr IV(2),CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, CSIR, Chennai.April 2002 to April 2007
- Scientist Gr IV(1),CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, CSIR, Chennai.,April 1998 to April 2002
- Teaching Asst. (Lecturer Grade),Dept. of Physics, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. Sept.1996 to April 1998
- Tech. Officer (Trainee), Sunrise Emerging Technologies Ltd., Bangalore, April 1996 to Aug.1996
- Junior Research Fellow, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, Nov. 1992 to Jan. 1996
- Instructor (Physics), S.K.A.Polytechnic, Manamadurai, Tamilnadu. Aug.1991 to Nov. 1992
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Physics (specialization: Material Science)
- Nano Science and Nano Technology
- Biomimetics based concrete
- Characterization Techniques
- Eco-friendly concrete
- Polymer based cementitious materials
- Management of Science & Technology
Awards & Honours
- Recipient of Best Paper award and medal from Indian Building Congress during 17th Annual convention for the paper titled ‘Innovative Construction Materials for sustainable development based on Biomimetics’, pp.1-7, presented during 16th Annual Convention of IBC, June 2010.
- Maheswaran, S. Kalaiselvam, G.S. Palani and Nagehs R. Iyer, Synthesis methods for β-belite using lime sludge and silica particles, Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 43 (4), October – November 2016, pp. 362-372.
- Maheswaran, S. Kalaiselvam, G.S. Palani and Sasmal, Saptarshi, Investigations on the early hydration properties of synthesized β-belites blended cement pastes. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, July 2016, Vol.125 (1), pp. 53-64. DOI: 10.1007/s10973-016-5386-x (Impact Factor: 2.21).
- Maheswaran, S. Kalaiselvam, S. Arunbalaji, G. S. Palani, and Nagesh R. Iyer. Influence of SiO2 Nano Particles Towards the Synthesis of β-Belite (β -C2S) Using Calcined Lime Sludge by Mechanochemical Method. Advanced Science Letters, Vol. 22, April 2016, pp. 995-1002. (Impact Factor:1.25).
- Hemalatha Thiyagarajan, Srinivasan Maheswaran, Maitri Mapa, Sarayu Krishnamoorthy, Bhuvaneshwari Balasubramanian, Avadhanam Ramachandra Murthy and Nagesh R. Iyer. Investigation of Bacterial Activity on Compressive Strength of Cement Mortar in Different Curing Media. Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology Vol. 14, pp. 125-133 April 2016. doi:10.3151/jact.14.125 (Impact Factor:0.618 ).
- Maheswaran, S. Kalaiselvam, S.K.S. Saravana Karthikeyan, C. Kokila,G.S. Palani 2016, ‘β-belite cements (β-dicalcium silicate) obtained from calcined lime sludge and silica fume’, Cement and Concrete Composites, Feb. 2016, Vol. 66, pp. 57-65. (Impact Factor: 3.399)
- Maheswaran, Iyer, N. R., Palani, G. S., Pandi, R. A., Dikar, D. D., & Kalaiselvam, S. Effect of high temperature on the properties of ternary blended cement pastes and mortars. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, Nov. 2015, 122(2), 775-786. DOI: 10.1007/s10973-015-4817-4. (Impact Factor: 2.21).
- Maheswaran S, S. Kalaiselvam, S. Arunbalaji, G. S. Palani and Nagesh R. Iyer. Low-temperature preparation of belite from lime sludge and nano silica through solid-state reaction, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, March 2015, 119(3), 1845-1852. (Impact Factor: 2.21)
- Nagesh R. Iyer, K. Sarayu, S.Maheswaran, Saptarshi Sasmal, Sustainable concrete: A nano- & Bio-Technology initiative, Nanodigist-A premier magazine on nanotechnology, India, September 2014, PP. 29-34.
- Maheswaran, S., S. S. Dasuru, A. Rama Chandra Murthy, B. Bhuvaneshwari, V. Ramesh Kumar, G. S. Palani, Nagesh R. Iyer, Sarayu Krishnamoorthy, and S. Sandhya. Strength improvement studies using new type wild strain Bacillus cereus on cement mortar. Current Science, 2014, 106 (1), 50-57. (Impact Factor: 0.935)
- Maheswaran, S., B. Bhuvaneshwari, G. S. Palani, R. Nagesh, and S. Kalaiselvam, An Overview on the Influence of Nano Silica in Concrete and a Research Initiative. Res J Recent Sci., 2013 (ISC-2012), V 2, P 17-24.
- Sankaran Apurva, Bhuvaneshwari B, Maheswaran S, Santhi A.S. and Nagesh R. Iyer, Application of Multi-layer Composites in Construction and their Future Challenges, Research Journal of Material Sciences, 2013, Vol. 1(3), pp.12-18.
- Gopinath, S., P. Ch Mouli, A. R. Murthy, N. R. Iyer, and S. Maheswaran. Effect of nano silica on mechanical properties and durability of normal strength concrete, Archives of Civil Engineering, 58 (4), 2012, 433-444. DOI:10.2478/v.10169-012-0023-y.
- Kumar, V. Ramesh, B. Bhuvaneshwari, S. Maheswaran, G. S. Palani, K. Ravisankar, and Nagesh R. Iyer, An overview of techniques based on biomimetics for sustainable development of concrete, Current Science, 101(6), 2011, 741-747. (Impact Factor: 0.935)
- Maheswaran, S., V. Ramesh Kumar, B. Bhuvaneshwari, G. S. Palani, and Nagesh R. Iyer. Studies on Lime Sludge for Partial Replacement of Cement, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2011, 71, 1015-1019. DOI: 10.4028,71-78,1015.
- Ramesh Kumar, V. Maheswaran, S., Palani, G.S., Ravisankar, K. & Nagesh R. Iyer. Innovative Construction Materials for sustainable development based on Biomimetics, Journal of Indian Building Congress, 2010, 17(2), 1-7.
- Maheswaran, S., Sathish Kumar, R.D., and Sridharan, K.R, ‘Scientometric analysis of area-wise publications in the field of structural engineering: a case study of SERC, India’, Annals of Library and Information Studies, Vol. 56, No.1, March 2009, pp. 22-28.
- Sathish Kumar, R.D., Maheswaran, S., and Sridharan, K.R, ‘Intellectual Property Rights, Protection and Uses (In Tamil)’, Ariviyal Poonga (Science Park) – A Science Journal, Vol.4 ,Issue 13, pp. 13-14 & Vol. 4, Issue 14, 2009, pp.13-14.
- Maheswaran,S., Sathish kumar, R.D., and Sridharan, K.R, ‘Research Publication trends Evident in Structural Engineering based on Journal of Structural Engineering’, Annals of Library and Information Studies, Vol.55, March 2008, pp. 201-210.
- Venkataramanan V., Maheswaran S, Sherwood J. N, Bhat H. L, “Crystal growth and physical characterization of the semiorganic bis(thiourea) cadmium chloride”, Journal of crystal growth, vol. 179, no3-4, 1997,pp. 605-610 (IF : 1.65)