डॉ बी.एस. सिंधु
- CSIR-SERC, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- PhD, Engineering of Structures, Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR)
- M.Tech., Engineering of Structures, Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR)
- B.E., Civil Engineering, College of Engineering Guindy
- Principal Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, Nov 2020 – Till date
- Senior Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, Nov 2016 – Nov 2020
- Scientist, CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, Nov 2012 – Nov 2016
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Multiscale modelling of cementitious composites
- Nano-engineering of cementitious composites
- Low cement, high strength and high ductile concrete
- Wave propagation techniques to determine the material properties
- Development of piezo-resistive cementitious composites
Awards & Honours
- 2018 - International Travel Grant from Department of Science and Technology (DST), India
- 2020 - Dr.M.Ramaiah Prize for the best technical paper
- Received Certificate of Merit constituted by CSIR-SERC for the best technical paper award / certificate of special mention in 2014
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Multi-scale abridged cement composite with enhanced mechanical properties. ACI Materials. 2020 July; 117 (4): 105-117.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Molecular dynamics simulations for evaluation of surfactant compatibility and mechanical characteristics of carbon nanotubes incorporated cementitious composite. Construction and Building Materials. 2020 Aug 30; 253:119190.
- Rao R, Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Synthesis, design and piezo-resistive characteristics of cementitious smart nanocomposites with different types of functionalised MWCNTs under long cyclic loading. Cement and Concrete Composites. 2020 Apr; 108:103517.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Methodology for predicting the properties of cement composites at different scales. Magazine of Concrete Research. 2020 Mar; 72(5):217-31.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S. On the development and studies of nano- and micro- fiber hybridized strain hardened cementitious composite. Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering. 2019 Mar; 19(2):348-359.
- Sindu BS, Aleena A & Sasmal S. Studies on structural interaction and performance of cement composite using Molecular Dynamics. Advances in Computational Design. 2018; 3(2):147-163.
- Sindu BS, Saravanan B, Sasmal S. Evaluation of micro-mechanical properties of nonlinear cementitious composite using large displacement transient nanoindentation analysis. Sadhana. 2018; 43(2):29.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Properties of carbon nanotube reinforced cement composite synthesized using different types of surfactants. Construction and Building Materials. 2017 Nov 30; 155:389-99.
- Gautham S, Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Evaluation of the phase properties of hydrating cement composite using simulated nanoindentation technique. Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering. 2017 Sep 15; 25(7):075012.
- Sasmal S, Ravivarman N, Sindu BS, Vignesh K. Electrical conductivity and piezo-resistive characteristics of CNT and CNF incorporated cementitious nanocomposites under static and dynamic loading. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing. 2017 Sep 1; 100:227-43.
- Sasmal S, Ravivarman N, Sindu BS. Synthesis, characterisation and performance of piezo-resistive cementitious nanocomposites. Cement and Concrete Composites. 2017 Jan 1; 75:10-21.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Evaluation of mechanical characteristics of nano modified epoxy based polymers using molecular dynamics. Computational Materials Science. 2015 Jan 1; 96:146-58.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S, Gopinath S. A multi-scale approach for evaluating the mechanical characteristics of carbon nanotube incorporated cementitious composites. Construction and Building Materials. 2014 Jan 15; 50:317-27.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal, S. Development of hierarchically engineered cementitious composites through nano-/micro-scale investigations for disaster resilient concrete structures. The Indian Concrete Journal, 2020; 94 (10): 55-61.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S & Nishanthi D. Nano-mechanical response of carbon nanotubes – a mechanics based approach incorporating atomistic information. Journal of Structural Engineering. 2018; 44(6):552-559.
- Aleena A, Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Uniaxial tension and compression studies on cement clinkers using molecular dynamic simulations. Journal of Structural Engineering. 2015; 42:22-27.
- Sasmal, Saptarshi, and B. S. Sindu. Smart cementitious nanocomposites for self-sensing and continuous health monitoring of structures. Smart Nanoconcretes and Cement-Based Materials. Elsevier, 2020. 485-499.
- Sindu BS, S. Radha Meenaloshini, and Saptarshi Sasmal. Computational Modelling of Cement Hydration to Evaluate the Mechanical and Transport Properties. Recent Advances in Structural Engineering, Volume 1. Springer, Singapore, 2019. 599-610.
- Sindu BS and Sasmal S, Intrinsic atomistic scale information for multiscale analysis and design of cementitious composite with nano/micro fibers, RILEM International Symposium on Concrete Modelling (CONMOD2018), Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, August 2018.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Fracture behaviour of carbon nanotube incorporated cementitious composite. International Conference on Composite Materials and Structures 2017 (ICCMS 2017), Hyderabad, December 2017:50.
- Gautham S, Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Simulated nanoindentation technique for evaluating the phase properties of cement during Hydration. Structural Engineering Convention 2016 (SEC-2016), CSIR-SERC Chennai, December 2016:1920-1925.
- Sindu BS, Radha Meenaloshini S, Sasmal. Computational Modelling of Cement hydration to evaluate the mechanical and transport properties. Structural Engineering Convention 2016 (SEC-2016), CSIR-SERC Chennai, December 2016: 568-573.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Understanding the micro-properties of cementitious composites towards development of new class of building materials. International Conference on Materials Science and Technology (ICMTech), University of Delhi, March 2016.
- Ravivarman N, Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Piezoresistive response of MWNTs incorporated cement nanocomposite for smart structures. International Conference on Frontiers in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICFNN), Sastra University, Thanjavur, Febrauary 2016.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Molecular Dynamics Simulations for Evaluation of Micro-Mechanical Properties of Cement Hydrates Like Micro Structures. International Conference on Computational Mechanics and Simulation (ICCMS), CSIR-SERC Chennai, December 2014:2472-2479.
- Sasmal S, Sindu BS, Nagesh R Iyer. Computational Methodologies for Evaluation of Mechanical Properties of Building Materials at Nano/Micro Level. International Conference on Computational Mechanics and Simulation (ICCMS), CSIR-SERC Chennai, December 2014:273-287.
- Aleena A, Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Uniaxial Tension and Compression Studies on Cement Clinkers Using Molecular Dynamic Simulations. International Conference on Computational Mechanics and Simulation (ICCMS), CSIR-SERC Chennai, December 2014:2403-2408.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S, Nagesh R Iyer. Development of nanoengineered cementitious composites for sustainable infrastructure. International Conference on Sustainable Civil Infrastructure (ICSCI 2014), Hyderabad, October 2014:667-676.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S. Investigations on Interaction Behavior of Nano Composites Using Molecular Dynamics Simulation. 6th Bangalore India NANO 2013 conference, December 2013.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S, Gopinath S. Numerical Simulation of CNT Incorporated Cement. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology held at Malaysia, Issue 68, August 2012:1553-1558.
- Sindu BS, Sasmal S, Gopinath S. Carbon Nanotubes - Structure, Properties and Modelling Aspects. Second International Conference on Structural and Civil Engineering (SCE 2012), Bangalore, August 2012,: 26-30 (DOI: 03.CES.2012.02.510.).