श्री गज्जाला रमेश बाबू
वरिष्ठ प्रधान वैज्ञानिक
- CSIR-SERC , Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Ph. D, IIT Madras, Chennai – pursuing
- M.Tech ( Structural Engineering), J.N.T.U College of Engineering Anantapur
- B.Tech(Civil Engineering), S.V.U College of Engineering, Tirupati
- Current designation : Principal Scientist
- Joined as Scientist Gr.IV(1) in March 1997 at CSIR-SERC, Chennai
- Served as a Design Engineer For Larsen and Toubro (L &T) Limited during 1996
Life member of the following societies:
- Indian Society of Wind Engineering
- Indian Meteorological Society
- Institution of Engineers
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Wind Engineering specially Wind Tunnel investigations on models of buildings and structures
- Aeroelastic Phenomena of structures
- Random Data Processing
- Structural Dynamics
- Wind engineering associated with Solar/Wind Energy
Awards & Honours
- Lakshmanan, N.,Arunachalam, S., Selvi Rajan, S., Ramesh Babu, G., and Shanmugasundaram, J., “Correlations of Aerodynamic Pressures for Prediction of Across Wind Response of Structures”, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, Vol. 90, Issue 8, August 2002.
- Lakshmanan, N., Selvi Rajan, S., Arunachalam, S., and Ramesh Babu, G., “Experimental Determination of Wind Loads on 200m Tall Three Tower Blocks”, Journal of Aeronautical Society of India, Bangalore, Vol. 54, No.4, November 2002, pp: 335-339.
- Lakshmanan,N., Selvi Rajan, S., Arunachalam, S., and Ramesh Babu, G., “Towards Engineering of Thatched Roof Dwellings”, Journal of Rural Technology, Vol.1, No.1, Sept. 2003, pp 1-5.
- Lakshmanan, N., Arunachalam, S., Panneer Selvam, R., Selvi Rajan, S., and Ramesh Babu, G., “ A Novel Method for predicting wind-induced response of steel chimney stacks”, Journal of Advances in Vibration Engineering, 3(1), 2004, pp : 12-22.
- Lakshmanan, N., Arunachalam, S., Selvi Rajan, S., and Ramesh Babu, G., “Peak Factor for Pressures on Low-Rise Buildings – Background and Philosophy of a Novel Method”, Journal of Wind and Engineering, Vol.1, No.1, October 2004, pp: 19-26.
- Lakshmanan, N., Arunachalam, S., Selvi Rajan, S., and Ramesh Babu, G., “Wind Pressures on Gable and Hip Roofed Low-Rise Buildings in Cluster”, Journal of Wind and Engineering, Vol.1, No.1, October 2004, pp: 46-52.
- Arunachalam, S. , Lakshmanan, N., Ramesh Babu, G., Selvi Rajan, S., and Panneer Selvam, R., “Wind-induced Interference Studies on a Square Building Model”, Journal of Wind and Engineering, Vol. 3, No.1, July 2006, pp 25-31.
- , Selvi Rajan, N. Lakshmanan, S. Arunachalam, G. Ramesh Babu, “Simulation Studies on Design of Vortex Generators for Boundary Layer Wind Tunnel”Journal of Wind and EngineeringVol. 6, No. 2, July 2009, pp. 19-29.
- Lakshmanan, N., Selvi Rajan, S. Arunachalam, S. and Ramesh Babu, G., “Wind Tunnel Studies on Force Coefficients for Grouped Low-Rise Buildings with Parapet”, Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction ASCE, August 2009, pp.135-139
- Abraham, S. Arunachalam, S. Selvi Rajan, G. Ramesh Babu and N. Lakshmanan, “Mean and fluctuating wind loads on an industrial structure with curved roof” Asian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol.11, No.4, August 2010, pp.477-494
- Selvi Rajan, N.Lakshmanan, K.P.Jaya, S.Arunachalam, G.Ramesh Babu, “Evaluation of Strouhal number for a bridge deck model using pressure measurement”, Advances in Vibration Engineering (International Journal), Vol. 9, No.2, 2010, pp 153-158.
- Selvi Rajan, S., Ramesh Babu, G., Chitra Ganapathi, S., Arunachalam, S., Harikrishna, P., Abraham, A. and Nagesh R. Iyer, “Evaluation of aerodynamic parameters for a cooling tower model”, Journal of Wind and Engineering, Vol. 10, No. 1, January 2013, pp. 24-36.
- Ramesh Babu, G., Selvi Rajan, S., Harikrishna, P., Lakshmanan, N. and Arunachalam, S., “Experimental Determination of Wind Induced Response on a Model of Natural Draught Cooling Tower” Experimental Techniques (International Journal), Volume 37, Issue 1, January/February 2013, Pages: 35–46
- Selvi Rajan, S., Ramesh Babu, G., Arunachalam, S., Nagesh R. Iyer and Lakshmanan, N., “Interference factors for natural draught cooling towers based on wind tunnel experiments” Journal of Structural Engineeing, Vol. 41, No. 1( 2014) pp. 52‑58
- Sarath Kumar,H., Selvi Rajan.S., Joseph Andrew.A., Ramesh Babu.G., Srinivasa Rao.N., and Guru Jawahar..J., “Aerodynamic Coefficients For A Rectangular Tall Building Under Sub-Urban Terrain Using Wind Tunnel” Asian Journal Of Civil Engineering 17, No. 3(2016) Pages 325-333
Patents / Copyrights
- Copyright for ‘CSIR-SERC Equation‘ for computing normalized across-wind tip deflection (wind-induced response) of a reinforced concrete circular chimney due to vortex shedding. CSIR obtained a copyright for the said Equation, December 2010. Authors: S. Arunachalam, N. Lakshmanan, G. Ramesh Babu, S. Selvi Rajan and P. Harikrishna