திரு ஃபர்வேஸ் அஹ்மது அ கா
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- Awards & Honours
- 2005-2007: M.Tech (Structural Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras.
- 1999-2003: B.E. (Civil Engineering) Crescent Engineering College, Madras University.
- Senior Scientist, CSIR - Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, July 2015 – Till Date
- Scientist, CSIR - Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, July 2011 – June 2015
- Junior Scientist, CSIR - Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, October 2009 – June 2015
- Senior Design Engineer, BGR Energy Systems Limited, Chennai, October 2008- October 2009.
- Senior Design Engineer, Larsen and Toubro Limited, Chennai, July 2007- October 2008.
- Project Associate (Under Prof. Kalyanaraman), IIT Madras, Chennai. May 2007 to June 2007.
- Site Engineer, Vedachalam Contractor, Chennai, May 2003 – April 2005.
Professional Committee Membership
- Alternate member in the committee :CED 13 - Building Construction Practices including Painting, Varnishing & allied
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Structural Health Monitoring & Evaluation
- Retrofitting/rehabilitation of concrete and steel structures
- Textile Reinforced Concrete
Awards & Honours
- Secured All India Rank - 31 and 99.65 percentile in GATE 2005 conducted by IIT Bombay.
- Vital contributor in FAIR 2008, Larsen and Toubro Limited
- Certificate of Merit by the Dr. Ramaiah Prize committee among the papers published by the scientist of CSIR-SERC during 2014-2015.
- Nagesh Iyer, T.S.Krishnamoorthy, P.Srinivasan, A.K.Farvaze Ahmed and J.Prabhakar “Use of Ferrocement in Buildings”, Indian Building Congress (2013).
- Smitha Gopinath, Amar Prakash & Farvaze Ahmed A. K. Analogy of novel TRC crash barriers with RC crash barrier under impact load, International Journal of Crashworthiness, DOI: 10.1080/13588265.2020.1858663, Published Online Dec 2020.
- Gopinath, Smitha, Amar Prakash, and AK Farvaze Ahmed. "Flexural impact response and energy absorption characteristics of textile reinforced mortar." Construction and Building Materials 262 (2020): 120630.
- Gopinath, S., Prakash, A. & A.K. Farvaze Ahmed. “Synergy of hybrid textile reinforced concrete under impact loading”. Sādhanā 45, 72 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12046-020-1312-9
- George S.J., Farvaze Ahmed A.K., Maheswaran S., Paul M.M. (2021) “Shear Behavior of Joints in Precast Prestressed Concrete Segments-A Finite Element Study” Dasgupta K., Sudheesh T.K., Praseeda K.I., Unni Kartha G., Kavitha P.E., Jawahar Saud S. (eds) Proceedings of SECON 2020. SECON 2020. Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, vol 97. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-55115-5_62
- Kesavan, K., Sundaram, B.A., Farvaze Ahmed, A.K. S Parivallal, P Biswas, S Bandyopadhyay, K Ravisankar and Umesh Tiwari. “Performance assessment of indigenously developed FBG strain sensors under short-term and long-term loadings”. Sadhana 40, 577–590 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12046-014-0316-8
- Arun Sundaram, B., Parivallal, S., Kesavan, K., Farvaze Ahmed, A.K., Ravisankar, K., Ramanjaneyulu, K. and Nagesh R.Iyer, “Condition assessment of a prestressed concrete girder and slab bridge for increased axle loadings”, CSIR-JSIR, Vol. 74, pp 634-640 (2015)
- Mohan, Vimal, S. Parivallal, K. Kesavan, B. Arunsundaram, A.K. Farvaze Ahmed, and K. Ravisankar. "Studies on damage detection using frequency change correlation approach for health assessment." Procedia Engineering 86 (2014): 503-510.
- Kesavan, K., K. Ravisankar, R. Senthil, and A.K. Farvaze Ahmed. "Experimental studies on performance of reinforced concrete beam strengthened with CFRP under cyclic loading using FBG array." Measurement 46, no. 10 (2013): 3855-3862.
- Parivallal, S., K. Kesavan, B. A. Sundaram, A.K. Farvaze Ahmed, and K. Ravisankar. "Structural health monitoring of a prestresses concrete bridge with recent advancements in measurement technology." (2014).
- Kaushik, Aditya, B. Arun Sundaram, S. Parivallal, A.K. Farvaze Ahmed, and K. Ravisankar. "Numerical Studies on the Damage Locating Vector Approach for Damage Detection using Static Load Data." Procedia Engineering 86 (2014): 693-700.
- Ravisankar K and Farvaze Ahmed A.K. “Condition Assessment of an In-service Prestressed Concrete bridge by Model Updating based on Experimental Investigation” International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation, pp 259-272 (2014)
Patents / Copyrights
- Smitha Gopinath, Amar Prakash, A.K. Farvaze Ahmed and J.Rajasankar – “An Apparatus and Method for Production of Precast Textile Reinforced Concrete Crash Barriers”, Indian Patent Application No: 201811001406