முனைவர் அருண் சுந்தரம் பா
- CSIR-SERC, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
- Academic Background
- Professional Background
- Areas of Scientific Interest
- PhD in Structural Engineering, Anna University, Chennai, India
- M.E. in Structural Engineering First Class Crescent Engineering College - Anna University, Chennai, India
- B.E. in Civil Engineering First Class with Distinction Crescent Engineering College - Anna University, Chennai, India
- Principal Scientist, CSIR- Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, July 2020 to till date.
- Senior Scientist, CSIR- Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, July 2015 to June 2020
- Scientist, CSIR- Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, July 2011 to June 2015.
- Junior Scientist, CSIR- Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, Nov 2008 to June 2011.
Areas of Scientific Interest
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Sensing and Instrumentation
- Wireless Sensor Networks and Damage Detection
- Fiber optic sensing techniques
- Condition assessment of structures
- Non destructive testing and Evaluation
- Performance evaluation of Bridges
Awards & Honours
- Arun Sundaram, B., Kesavan, K. & Parivallal, S, “Recent Advances in Health Monitoring and Assessment of In-service Oil and Gas Buried Pipelines”, Journal of Institution of engineers, 99, 4, 729-740.
- B.Saranya, B.Arun Sundaram, I.Baskar, A.K.Farvaze Ahmed and S.Parivallal, “Studies on the development of data compression algorithm for structural health monitoring applications”, Journal of Structural Engineering, India, 43, no.5, pp 520-525.
- Arun Sundaram, B., Kesavan, K. & Parivallal, S, “Performance evaluation of in-service open web girder steel railway bridge through full scale experimental investigations”, Structural Monitoring and Maintenance, Vol. 6, No. 3 (2019) 255-268
- Arun Sundaram, B., Ravisankar, K., Senthil, R. and Parivallal, S, “Wireless strain sensing system for assessing condition of civil infrastructure facilities”, Gradevinar International journal of Croatian Society of Civil Engineers, 68 (2016) 3, 221-227
- Arun Sundaram, B., Parivallal, S., Kesavan, K., Farvaze Ahmed, A.K., Ravisankar, K., Ramanjaneyulu, K. and Nagesh R.Iyer, “Condition assessment of a prestressed concrete girder and slab bridge for increased axle loadings”, CSIR-Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, Vol. 74, pp 634-640
- Vimal Mohan, S. Parivallal, K. Kesavan, B. Arunsundaram, A. K. Farvaze Ahmed and K. Ravisankar, “Studies on Damage Detection Using Frequency Change Correlation Approach for Health Assessment”, Procedia Engineering, Vol. 86, 2014, pp.503-510.
- Aditya Kaushik, B.Arunsundaram, S.Parivallal, A. K. Farvaze Ahmed and K. Ravisankar, “Numerical Studies on the Damage Locating Vector Approach for Damage Detection Using Static Load Data”, Procedia Engineering, Vol. 86, 2014, pp.693-700.
- Arun Sundaram, B., Kesavan, K., Parivallal, S., Farvaze Ahmed, A.K. and Ravisankar, K, “Monitoring of FRP strengthened concrete structures using FBG sensors”, Procedia Engineering, Vol. 14, 2011, pp. 1549-1556
- Kesavan, K., Arun Sundaram, B., Parivallal, S., Farvaze Ahemed, A.K., Biswas, P., Bandyopadhyay, S., Ravisankar, K. and Dasgupta, K, “Studies on packaged fiber bragg grating sensor for health monitoring of concrete structures”, International Journal of COMADEM, Volume 14, Issue 4, October 2011, pp 22-29.
- K Kesavan, B Arun Sundaram, A K Farvaze Ahmed, S Parivallal, P Biswas, S Bandyopadhyay, K Ravisankar, Umesh Tiwari, “Performance assessment of indigenously developed FBG strain sensors under short-term and long-term loadings”, Sadhana: Volume 40, Issue 2 (2015), Page 577-590
- Parivallal, S., Ravisankar, K., Kesavan, K. and Arun Sundaram, B., “Evaluation of in-situ stress in concrete structures by core trepanning technique”, The Bridge and Structural Engineer, Journal of the Indian National Group of the International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering, Vol 45, Issue 2, June 2015.
- K.Kesavan, K.Ravisankar, R.Senthil, B.Arun Sundaram and S.Parivallal, “FBG sensor technology to interfacial strain measurement in CFRP strengthened concrete beam”, Experimental Techniques, Volume 39, pages 21–29, 2015.
- B.ArunSundaram, S.Parivallal, K.Kesavan, A.K.Farvaze Ahmed, Vimal Mohan and K.Ravisankar, “Development of wireless sensor system for condition assessment of civil infrastructures”, ISTE-SRM International Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 1, issue 1, pp 92-103, January-June 2015
- K.Kesavan, K.Ravisankar, R.Senthil, B.Arun Sundaram and S.Parivallal, “Studies on apparent strain using FBG strain sensors for different structural materials”, Experimental Techniques, Volume 38, Issue 5, pages 31–38, October 2014.
- Ravisankar, K., Kesavan, K., Parivallal, S., Arun Sundaram, B. and Ahmed, A.K.F. “Fibre optic sensors as a non-destructive tool for structural monitoring”, Int. J. Forensic Engineering, Vol. 1, Nos. 3/4, 2013, pp.260–276.
- Arun Sundaram, B., Ravisankar, K., Senthil, R. and Parivallal, S, “Wireless sensors for structural health monitoring and damage detection techniques”, Current Science, Vol. 104, No. 11, 2013, pp. 1496-1505.
- Parivallal, S., Kesavan, K., Arun Sundaram, B., Farvaze Ahmed, A.K. and Ravisankar, K., “Structural health monitoring of a prestressed concrete bridge with recent advancements in measurement technology”, International Journal of COMADEM, Vol. 15, 2012, pp. 39-46
- Arun Sundaram, B., Kesavan, K., Parivallal, S. and Ravisankar, K., “Technique for instrumentation and measurement of interfacial strain in FRP strengthened concrete structures using FBG sensors”, Journal of Experimental Techniques, Society of Experimental Mechanics, USA, Vol. 35, No.4, July-August 2011
- P. Biswas, S. Bandyopadhyay, K. Kesavan, S. Parivallal, B. Arun Sundaram, K. Ravisankar and K. Dasgupta, “Investigation on packages of fiber Bragg grating for use as embeddable strain sensor in concrete structure”, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Volume 157, Issue 1, January 2010, pp 77-83.
Patents / Copyrights
- Awarded EMPOWER PROJECT - (Encouraging and Motivating Pursuit of World Class Exploratory Research) on development of a Novel scheme for damage detection in railway tracks for Accident Prevention funded by CSIR